Monday, April 13, 2009

Monday...

Yesterday after church (where there was standing room only and I got beat in the face by an oversize Easter hat) I was ready to watch a good Easter movie. Usually Steel Magnolias is my Easter movie. Steel Magnolias is one of my favorite movies. I can watch most Julia Roberts movies over and over, like Pretty Woman or Erin Brockovich. Steel Magnolias is my Easter movie because the closing scene is that guy dressed as the Easter bunny getting on the back of a motorcycle. I can't watch the end without crying. I couldn't find it anywhere in my house so I was forced to watch TV. Nothing, and I do mean nothing was on! Alf was on one channel. What kind of Easter programming is that?
The interview Friday, well, let's just say I got a bad vibe from the place (and the woman interviewing me). I will keep looking and continue praying that I find something where I'll be happy. I know God has great plans in store for me, so I'm not going to worry.

While I was on the way to the interview I got confused (b/c the directions the woman gave me made no sense and she could have just told me the building # since I volunteer at this hospital and know the campus) and turned onto a one way street. Let me elaborate that this was not just any one way street. It was a busy four lane highway! Cars were driving right at me and honking. Some people even rolled down their window to yell at me! There was no place to pull over, like a shoulder, or grass, or anything so I just had to keep going until I could make a U-turn. It's funny now, but at the time I was terrified!

Hope all of you have a great Monday :-D

2 comments:

Staci Loalbo said...

yikes...thats scary!! and I LOVE that movie...its my FAV!!

daniella said...

Never thought of the movie that way, but you're right; it's a GREAT Easter movie! I took this one quiz on facebook that would tell you which character you are from the movie. I was Trudy. Facebook obviously doesn't know what I look like, but I thought it was pretty accurate.

I can't believe you almost got hit in the face with a hat at church. That's awesome. I can't wait to go down south and experience it firsthand.

At least you're ok after driving on a one way highway! Jeesh.