Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Totally Tuesday...

tonight I have a date with the guy I mentioned before that I met while walking Trinket. He's the one with the super huge dog. I'm excited! I went to the eyebrow lady yesterday so I'm prepared. I have hot pink toenails now too. I'm ready!
I have been thinking about going on dates with my Mom when I was little. My Mom was a single mom until I was 11 and I used to love to go on dates with her. If you count that as dating experience, I've been dating for 24 years, not 10 years. I can't imagine bringing a kid along on a date. To think of getting to know someone and worrying if your child is having a good time at the same time overwhelms me. This is one of her old boyfriends standing in our driveway. This was about 1988. He was from Brazil. If you look closely, he is holding a can of Diet Coke, which no doubt came from our house. Guess things haven't changed much - we love Diet Coke. I'll post more of The Adventures in Mom's Dating Life later...like this crazy trip we took to hokey Helen GA with her French boyfriend....oh goodness...she really has no room to tease me about any of my ex-boyfriends!

This is me and Mom on vacation in FL, 1994.

I'm really looking forward to this weekend. I'm going to visit my best friend J and Miss USA is on Sunday night at 7!! Super excited for that! One more blast from the past today: this was the year I was first runner up in our high school pageant.
I'll post a follow up about my date :-D
XOXOX
Gamecock Queen

No comments: