Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Springtime...

always makes me think of the prom. That might be weird since I've been out of high school for 7 years now. My Mom teaches high school and she goes to the prom every year. In fact, I think she really looks forward to it. She loves to see her seniors at the prom. I went to the prom 3 times and honestly I guess I didn't get enough - if someone gave me a time machine and I could go back and go again, I'd totally do it! Maybe I should have been a high school teacher like my Mom. I need to scan in some pics from prom. For now these from high school will have to do.

If I could go again I'd wear a better dress. In 2000 I wore an empire waist powder blue dress with little flowers stitched on the chest. Gross. I'll have to find a picture of that one. And if that's not bad enough - there were shoes to match! In 2001 I went all Genie in a Bottle and basically wore a hot pink bra with gold beads hanging off of it and a hot pink skirt. I thought it was so hot! My Mom made that dress (if you can call it a dress) and she got mad that I ripped it dancing. I still have it and when I can find a picture of it, you'll laugh as hard as I am just thinking about it. In '02 I wore a pink one shouldered gown that was beaded and sparkled all over. The dress is actually OK, but sadly you could see both my thong panties and the cups that were sewn in the enhance the bust area through the dress. Yikes - someone should have told me!

If I could go to prom again I would wear something like this. I'm in love with the emerald green color. I so should have had a little sister - I would get her all ready for prom.


Or I'd wear something short, like this.

Isn't this appealing? You could wear it to your prom and then wear it as a French Maid costume for Halloween.

This is just heinous!


And what about that movie Carrie? Scariest prom movie ever!!

If you could go back in a time machine and go to the prom again, would you?

XOXOX
Gamecock Queen

4 comments:

USCEmily said...

My mom has been the junior class sponsor at her school since I was 5 years old, so she has been to 22 straight proms (and had to decorate for each of those)- whew, that's a lot, huh?

However, I am not envious of her in the least. Prom was not my favorite thing and I probably wouldn't go back and do it over again, just would leave it in the past...haha...but I did love my dresses!!

USCEmily said...

Oh, and maybe my leaving it in the past has more to do with my dates for prom than anything else.

Bronzed Beauty said...

I loved going to prom also! My younger sister had her Senior prom last year, and I had fun helping her do her hair & makeup and going to the nail salon with her. She actually wore a dress that is almost identical to the green dress that you posted.

Misty Rice said...

I would go with the first two pink or green one, but the last two look too cheep.

:)