Friday, April 17, 2009

{Follow Up}

I've learned from my past relationship(s) -really I've only had two, one lasting 3 years and one lasting 5 years- that the phrase "Fools Rush In" is true. When I met my most recent ex in 2003, at age 19, we went from the first date to spending a lot of time together immediately. Now that I'm older and hopefully wiser (ha!), I keep my eyes and ears open when I meet someone. I'm on my toes and thinking on my feet. That being said, maybe I'm too nitpicky and pessimistic? I don't know, all I know is that I know when something grates on my nerves and I've picked up on some things about the new guy. This would be the guy I had The Perfect First Date with earlier this week. There has been another date since and it was a long enough date for me to notice some stuff. Keep in mind I know some of these things are really frivolous and silly, but still they get on my nerves. And, I think things you notice about a person right off the bat can be indictitive of some, err, problems later on. So, here's the things I've picked up on about the new guy:

-seems to think he is an authority on everything. Everything, really? Yes ladies, not only his profession, but all topics. I have been lucky enough to get informative educational lectures on sharks, the Romans, infectious disease (umm, hello I work in Public Health?) and some other stuff I probably can't remember because I quit listening.

-Doesn't really ask me questions about myself or give me a chance to ask him questions about himself because of the long tangents detailed above. {Although I've been on dates that are like job interviews with a zillion questions and that's bad too.}

-I now think the whiplash from riding in his little sportscar is intentional because he's showing off for me that his car has a lot of horsepower. What is he, 5?

-Speaking of said car, if I hear one more thing about it....or his house...or his fancy purebred dog...I might scream. Bragging is not very appealing to me.

-We ran into a bunch of little kids while we were walking our dogs together and I don't care for the "kid voice" he uses when talking to children. I talk naturally and act like my normal self around children. Most kids seem to like me, and like being spoken to in the same manner you would speak to an adult {because children are humans, so don't talk to them like you would a puppy}.

-While we were in the park walking he saw a speeding car and got really mad that they weren't obeying the speed limit and said if I wasn't with him he would do something about it. Was I supposed to be impressed that he is so macho he can stop a renegade speeder?

-After we shared a first kiss in my front yard one night he felt the need to give me feedback, exclaiming "That was a good one!" Again, what is he, 5? No commentary on kissing, please. Let me elaborate, he made this comment in a really peevish little voice.

So there you have it, the things that stood out to me following The Perfect First Date.

Have a great weekend! Miss USA is on Sunday night at 7 :-D
XOXOX
Gamecock Queen

4 comments:

USCEmily said...

Oh no! I hate when people feel like they are an authority on everything- how annoying! Sounds like you may need to let this fish back out to sea! ;-)

daniella said...

That's too bad, I had high hopes for him. It does sound like too many of his pesky habits/personality traits/character "flaws" are getting to you. You know yourself better than anyone else (except God, of course) so go with your gut feeling. Pray about it and see where He leads you.

Can't wait to see Miss America!

Bronzed Beauty said...

Hi Miss Gamecock!

Thanks for leaving a comment on my blog. You have a really great blog, and the title is too cute!! As a former fellow pageant girl myself, I too am looking forward to watching Miss USA this year. Do you have your Top 15 picked out already? I do! I like the Miss USA telecast much more than Miss America. The MAO really needs to amp up their show, and make it more modern and exciting for viewers.

I also hope things work out with guy you went on a date with. :-)

Mike said...

At least he didn't scratch himself all night and spit chewing tobacco! (I hope) LMAO!