Monday, April 20, 2009

New Miss USA! Yay!

The new Miss USA is North Carolina, Kristin Dalton! How exciting! The competition was fierce and Trinket & I were on the edge of our sofa all night watching it. Here she is, photo by Jeanna Beasley (who did my headshots - I love her) and swimwear by Jamie Shaw.
For Miss Photogenic the contestants had a 1940's Hollywood Glamour themed photoshoot before the pageant. I told my dear friend (who is also my photographer sometimes) we must be ahead of the trend, because my older headshots are very similar. I was 21 or 22 here.
Miss Tennessee

The swimsuit competition was ferocious. They all looked just amazing in their suits (which were all by Jessica Simpson and super cute). I am definitely inspired to go to the gym today!

I have to add I was cringing when Miss California gave her onstage answer. What she said most definitely offended a lot of people. I think if you have an opinion that is strongly in one direction or another you should stick with a PC (politically correct) answer as to avoid hurt feelings! Yikes!

Congratulations North Carolina!

No comments: