Monday, April 27, 2009

Too Much?!

Yikes! I think I lifted too many weights. I've lost a little of my petite frame, or at least it looks that way in my swimsuit pic. I can really tell in the ribcage area and the shoulders. They say the camera adds ten pounds so I'm hoping that's what it is. I'm cutting back on how much I lift and on weight classes and going back to pilates. I love that feeling of lifting and being a manly beast, it must be an endorphin rush I'm getting? Pilates just aren't that exciting! LOL

I just got my DVD and professional pictures from state. I know white isn't the most slimming color, and I probably won't buy another white gown, but I really do love this one. I saw photos from Fergie's wedding in a magazine and her wedding dress acutally looked a lot like this, only she had speghetti straps instead of the halter neck. I'm wearing this dress again for a Watermelon Festival pageant in the lower part of the state this summer. I went to high school with a girl who was the National Watermelon Queen and traveled all over the US and Canada promoting watermelon and she said my "bikini dress" is too much for watermelon.
My plan for "Watermelon Wear" is to make a 1950s waitress type outfit and have a tray with a plastic slice of watermelon glued down on it as a prop. I can't decide if it's sort of silly? You want to be original so that's what I'm going for. This is my inspiration, Miss Florida's talent from Miss America this year, only in all watermelon colors.

Somehow this whole post turned out being about pageants, which wasn't my intention. Oh well. Back to work now...
XOXOX
Gamecock Queen

2 comments:

Misty Rice said...

I think you look great. And you will be thankful, after you have children, your body if you allow it will remember this part and will want to quickly bounce back to it.

daniella said...

I agree with Misty. I lifted weights during my first two years in college (2000-2001) and it is still lasting. But I have to disagree, I'll take Pilates any day over weight lifting.

You look beautiful!