Friday, April 3, 2009

Friday...with photos...

Last night we were paid a visit from a dear friend. Our friend used to work with our organization, and when I first started back in college he was my boss. He is one of my favorite people in the world. Here we are, back in the day...I look young here...and like I had been enjoying my biscuits back then!
I'm ready to go home. I havne't seen my house since last Friday. I'm mostly ready to see The Ambassador of Pretty. This photo was taken not long after I got Trink. You will see she had stained fur on her face back then. When I got Trinket she had not been living in the best situation. She came from a trailer park in Pelzer, SC. It's hard to believe, but this Beverly Hills Chihuahua had a white trash beginning. The day I got Trinket she had been living outside at the trailer park and was filthy. She was also too wild to let me get my hands on her so she stayed filthy for awhile. I have since tamed her and now she's spoiled rotten. Her white fur gets stained easily so I wipe her with Miss Meyers Organic Pet Wipes. My boss says we need to get her a shirt that says "I Used To Be White Trash" - she's come a long way! My boss also always calls her Tinkerbell by mistake and I have to remind him that is Paris Hilton's chihuahua, not mine.
Lastly, I got the best thing from Lush here in Atlata. I got a few bath bombs and the Therapy Body Bar. I am obsessed with this bar. I have really dry skin and this bar moisturizes like no other. The best part is that the moisture lasts all day long. It's the greatest thing I have ever found. This bar is also good for scars and stretch marks. I'm not really sure how I got stretch marks or why I got them as I've never been very heavy, but I have them. I think everyone must have some of them. My ex, who was a Marine vetran and at times in really good shape, even had a few. Does everyone have a few stretch marks?
Lush products are all natural and not tested on animals :)
XOXOX
Gamecock Queen

2 comments:

daniella said...

I have stretch marks from when I turned 15. They're on my lower back and they look like someone cut me with a razor, but they're horizontal so that's how I know that it's because I grew two inches in just a couple of months. I also have em on the side of my thighs and I have NO idea where I got those from. Probably too many snickers bars consumed during senior year in college. Oh well. Interestingly, I didn't get even ONE stretch mark when I was pregnant. Weird.

Thanks for the body bar reccomendation. I too have terrible dry skin and will have to get me some of that goodness.

You should definitely make that shirt for Triny.

Jenny said...

Stretch marks as I understand aren't from being heavy. They're simply from growing. Probably formed during puberty for you, but just got lighter/more prominent as you got older :-)

AWWW cute baby girl!!!! I finally watched Beverly Hills Chihuahua. So cute and they do look exactly alike.