Thursday, April 30, 2009

Horses

Remember a few weeks ago when I judged the middle school pageant? In the interview we asked these young women what they like to do for fun or to tell us a little bit about themselves and it seemed like every single one of them loved horses (and Edward Cullen, of course). I don't know what it is about girls that age, but they really love horses. I was no exeption at their age. Lucky for me, I grew up on a small farm with horses. When I was little I rode all the time and was into competing, but since about 8th or 9th grade my Major Life Goals have gotten in the way of that. Today the weather is warm and beautiful and I'm stuck inside my office. I'm itching, just itching I tell you, to ride a horse! I still love horses, but when I'm at home my time is usually spent spending time with family members and friends (and I always have to go to Super Taco in Clemson - best authentic Mexican food you can get in these parts) and not with the horses. I've been listening to country music while I work at my desk and looking at pictures of Rodeo Queens in between working.

I rode huntseat. The horse in this picture is an Appaloosa, which is what I had.


But in this fantasy I'm having at my desk right now, I'm a cowgirl...wild and untamed...


This was my favorite book as a child I tore it apart reading and re-reading it.


Although I'm from Texas (one of my favorite places in the world), I grew up mostly on the East Coast and am not very familar with Rodeo Queens. I'm not really sure if it's a pageant or what? They have bedazzled chaps!!



This sweet thing is my horse Ruby. She's just a filly (although a huge one) and not old enough to ride yet. I don't have her here, she lives at with my Mom.

My weekend starts early today and I'm going back to my lifestyle circa 2003. Tomorrow my best friend J is coming for the weekend and we're acting like summer between freshman and sophomore years of college. We're laying by the pool all day and going out at night. Saturday I'm making an appearance at a Crawfish Festival (which is run by someone who stood me up for a date once so I'll be sure to be looking my best) and going to a wedding. Have a great weekend!

XOXOX
Gamecock Queen

3 comments:

USCEmily said...

Have a great weekend! Almost positive I saw you (or someone who looks like you that has a chihuahua) walking down Northwood when I was on my way home from work yesterday!!

Misty Rice said...

I grew up in Texas around horses also and I LOVE riding them. I miss it a lot. I also represented Florida for 3 years as Ms. Florida at the horse races here. I love being around them.

Holly said...

Interesting! I was never a horse fan as a little girl! I've always been quite afraid of them to be honest! :P