Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Birthdays, A Guilty Pleasure, & A Baseball Analogy....

First off, today is my #1 friend Miss J's birthday! Here are some pictures of us from back in the day. The first photo is from USC, circa 2005. The second photo is from The Islander where I worked for many years, circa 2003. In honor of J's birthday I made my favorite guilty pleasure, Coca-Cola Cake. The recipe comes from The Sweet Pototo Queens Divorce Guide. The cake will knock your socks off it's so good. It's called "I've Felt Better But It Took Longer and Cost More."
Speaking of birthdays, yesterday was my ex's 33rd birthday. Against my better judgement, I did agree to have dinner with him. Dinner was great and we got along wonderfully, but of course at the end of the night I was sad. I was sad because we have so much fun together and get along so well. He wants us to get back together, and has for some time, but I can't get past the past. Once someone really breaks your heart (in this case it was by being, let's just say dishonest, so I don't air all my dirty laundry on the internet) things can't go back to being the same. There is also a difference from being really sorry (which I think he probably is now - but now it's too late) and sorry you got caught (which was the case when it initially happened and there was still a chance to repair things). He also won't answer all my questions about it. So, you see, there is zero chance of a reconcilliation. All that happened in July and it's taken me a long time to get over it. I'm still not totally over it, but I think by this July hopefully I will be, or at least a lot closer to being totally over it. When you really love someone, it just takes time to get over it. However, it's behind me and if I met someone great I would be willing to come out of my dating hiatus.

Speaking of, I did meet someone in Atlanta, as I mentioned before. However, I think that is turning out to be what I like to call a "Pop-Fly". If you know baseball then this makes sense to you. Basically, my analogy means that something looks like it's going to pan out or be good, but then dosen't. I met this jaw-dropping-gorgeous guy in Atlanta on Friday, he gave me his card and told me to email, so I did on Monday, but never heard from him. I guess I could still hear from him since today is only Wednesday, but I'm not holding my breath. He was (or seemed to be from the 20 minutes I talked to him) what I like: tall, attractive, very very successful (I googled him to check it out and he's uber successful), educated. Oh well. Better luck next time. This photo is from Turner Field in ATL. I'm not a sporty girl, but I love the Braves!
XOXOX
Gamecock Queen

2 comments:

Misty Rice said...

Awe she look like a good #1 friend too. Yea for friends.

HA...your BBF is blonde, and you are brunette. I am blonde and my BFF is brunette. Interesting.... lol

daniella said...

I'm sorry to hear that your ex did you wrong. Not cool, but I guess that's why he's an ex. I was in a four year relationship once with someone I loved dearly, and it took me two years to get over him. So know that you're totally normal!

I can't wait to try that recipe, thanks!