Thursday, March 5, 2009

A Welcome Distraction

Last night was the 2 hour season opening for America's Next Top Model. I was so ready to think about anything besides the pageant. Looks like I'm turning into a reality TV junkie, no? At first I thought that Sandra was adorable and that she would be my favorite. She was the girl from Kenya. Then her claws came out {yikes!}. After I ruled her out as a favorite, I decided I like Celia. She seems really sweet and smart AND she's 25. I'm glad to see contestants that aren't all 18. I also really liked Kortnie. She is from Texas (like me) and works at a non-profit (once again, like me). What's even more, she used to date Dale Earnhardt Jr. {or as he is called where I'm from "JUNNNN-YYOR!"}. Now, I'm not mentioning this because I'm impressed by this fact. Oh no. I am NOT A FAN OF NASCAR. At. All. Part of the reason I am not a supporter {in addition to the fact that I think driving in left hand circles is pointless} is that my first ever boyfriend drove late model stock. That's right boys and girls, I have spent many a Saturday night in the pit. Would you believe it!? Moi? When he found me, I was fresh off the farm and didn't know any better. He was not a world class driver, but he was a world class jerk. In my day, I've gone out with some gems, but you live and you learn, and believe me - I have learned some lessons. For your entertainment, here is a music video that is fitting: Enjoy! (embedding is disabled, so copy and paste link - it's funny)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ncGZWQGkNzc

Here he is "JUNNNN-YYOR!" and Kortnie...take the kids out of school...Whoo Wheee!



MMmm Taco Bell sounds good right now, no?

This is me back in the day (and fresh from the farm). I was tiny!



Saturday night is SHOW TIME!! I'm ready! Praying this goes well!

2 comments:

USCEmily said...

It is a small world!! I'm adding your blog to my Google Reader so I can keep up!
Good luck in your pageant :-)

Staci Loalbo said...

i had a friend txt me and tell me that antm is doing the next show with 5'7 and under...she said i should try out...

after i fell outta my chair laughing i thought about how great that is...small people need love too!! lol