Tuesday, March 10, 2009

New: word, hair style tips, moisturizer

First of all the new word I learned. Grat-tu-i-tous. I saw this word NOT while studying for the GRE (which I should be doing a lot more of), but while reading another blog. It means unnecessary or unwaranted; unjustified. I love it. Now, I'll use it in a sentence: I think the show "Gossip Girl" is totally gratuitious. And I mean that. I know I might not have the best taste in TV (The Bachelor) but I just can't get into that show at all.

I've been wanting to do something new and easy with my hair for work. Something like this: I thought this might be something I can do on "the second day", meaning Day 1 is the day I wash my hair, Day 2 is my dirty hair day. I only wash my hair every other day. And who knew, you do this with a flat iron?!I'm going to try this at home.

Something else gratutitous...I have found a new moisturizer and I love it. I read about it on anther blog. I'm pretty blessed in the metabolism department, but not so much with skin. My skin is super sensitive, anything in the world can make me break out. My skin barely needs a reason to just blow up...I didn't get enough sleep, I ate something it didn't like, I used a cosmetic it didn't like, I spent the night somewhere other than my house, I'm traveling and washed my face with water it isn't used to (once I figured this out I attempted to wash my face with bottled water while on vacation in South Texas - it sounds easy but it's not) ....I have finally learned that my skin demands a consistent routine of sleep, drinking enough water, exfoliation (this one is key), cleansing, and moisturizing. This is is great, it's very light and non greasy. My only complaint, it dosen't have SPF.

I'm still exhausted from this weekend. The combination of the pageant and the time change did me in. Oh, and all the junk food I've been eating. Junk food just makes me feel bad. Today I'm back to fruit and an egg salad sandwich for lunch, then back to the gym, and early to bed so I can adjust to the new time. The weather is awesome and I don't want to be stuck in an office!!

No comments: