Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Wordless Wednesday and Watermelon...

To start wordless Wednesday, here are two photos of the opening number for state two weeks ago. It was to Britney Spears "Circus". Yes, I know Britney is a terrible role model, but I love her music. I'm not ashamed to admit it (OK, not ashamed anymore). Of course, since I'm tall and was in the third row, you can't really see me. I think I can see one of my legs. I was wearing silver.

I thought I would also put up a few pics of the Amazing Barbie Dream Studio that is where I go for coaching. Every girl should have a dressing room like this, and one day, I will! My dream is a big nice bathroom with a jacuzzi tub, granite counter tops in my kitchen, and a big walk-in closet/dressing room with lots of pink. I don't like a lot of dolls and stuffed animals (they never stop staring - creepy) so I will have a lot less of them. However, if anyone ever gives me the Elvis and Priscilla barbies I have wanted for forever, I would display them with pride.





Finally for wordless Wednesday, we have this heinous crocheted watermelon wreath. Would you EVER? I came accross this hideousity because I googled "Watermelon Wear". You see, boys and girls, I want to enter a Watermelon Pageant in June. It's only $50 to enter and I may as well use all the stuff I spent a fortune on for state. Plus, how great would it be to be Miss Watermelon? I mean, I can eat watermelon like a champ. I have been a Christmas Queen before, why not Watermelon? It seems like almost every county in the south has a watermelon festival and a watermelon queen. The part that makes me nervous is "Watermelon Wear". That could be cute if you are 4, but since I'm 24 that worries me. I just hope if I win no one gives me anything tacky like this wreath. I know this wreath is hanging in someone's home somewhere and that they are very proud of it. It makes me wonder what other crocheted monstrosities could be in such a home!

2 comments:

Misty Rice said...

Gosh, I thought I was following you already and was wondering how I saw you make comments, but not posting....now I see I have missed several post and now going back to play catch up....

after I give my two kitties a back scratch.....LOL

Staci Loalbo said...

omg the barbie place is awesome...love all the pink!!