Sunday, February 1, 2009

I'm Back!

I'm back and I'm exhausted! The best part about getting back was seeing Trinket. I also stopped at home on my way out of GA and got to spend the afternoon with my family. I had a fun work trip to Atlanta. I got to watch Miss America with my friend Joy ( we took her son swimming in the hotel pool first so he was worn out and would let us watch the pageant in peace) and ordered pizza. It was so good to see her and her son and catch up. I ate pizza (which is not really on my diet) and for some reason I was dying for a coke. I normally only drink juice and water so this coke was so good. It was like a dessert. So I drank a lot of it. I was up all night long! The next day I had work stuff and I was dragginng. My guy friend and I had dinner at the famous Geisha House and man oh man it was amazing! I was pretty good about working out by either using the hotel gym or going to the Bally Total Fitness by the Cumberland Mall. I am so relieved, I now have everything I need for state...while in ATL (where the players play....yeah, I loved Ludacris in high school) I got a skirt from Cache to wear with a blazer I already have from Cache for interview and got a cocktail dress for opening #. This week I am looking forward to a tutoring session with a former Miss World! I feel like the more you prepare for something the more confident you are and I am so excited to get some pointers. I'm having an awful breakout so I'm going to a dermatologist on Tuesday. I hope he will be able to help me. I do not feel confident going to state like this :/

I have a great idea about my 25th birthday this summer (although my Mom said it was the stupidest idea she had ever heard). I have a really different feeling about turning 25. The last time I had a big birthday part was for my 23rd. I didn't really celebrate 22 at all - I was the maid of honor in a wedding. I didn't do much for 24 either. I was thinking and I've realized I didn't really ring in 16 the right way. If I remember correctly none of my friends did much. We're from out in the country, a far cry from MTVs "Super Sweet 16". I can remember going to some birthday parties at friends houses but that's it. I think for my 16th my two girls friends and I went out to eat at the restaurant where I was a hostess and then I think we went cruising around Clemson University or maybe went to the movies. So, instead of haivng a party for my 25th this summer I will be having my Super Sweet 16 Party. I'm really excited and plan on going all out. I think it will take the weirdess away from turing 25.....I'm just not ready to be 25. I don't like the idea of being in my mid twenties instead of my early 20s...in fact, I miss being a teenager, it was really the best!

No comments: