Wednesday, February 4, 2009

He's Just Not That Into You....


I have ants in my pants because I can't wait to go see this over the weekend! Jennifer Anniston AND Jennifer Connely and Drew and Ginnifer...that's a lot of beauty in one movie! Of course, being a total self help junkie I own both He's Just Not That Into You and It's Called A Breakup Because It's Broken. I love any self improvement, fitness, or relationship book and have my own little home library of them. In the previews that I have seen for this movie, Jennifer Anniston is on a date with a guy and he tells her he's a witch. That is so something that would happen to me! So, in preparation for this movie event I am anticipating so much, I share with you one of (yes, that's one of MANY) my horrible date stories.

This takes place in the late summer of 2003. I was 19 years old and living with my best friend, Jenna, in our very first apartment, and still working at my still very loved first job (The Islander Restaurant). I was working on a Thursday night and wearing my really hot leopard print shirt (guess things haven't changed much I still love animal print). I had a table that was a guy and his mom and dad. They were all really fun and really friendly and we talked a lot and they asked me a lot about myself. They found out I didn't have a boyfriend currently and the son asked me out. We exchanged #s and went on our first date a few days later. We had a lunch date, I think it was Mexican food. He seemed pretty nice and because I was 19 and didn't have a clue about much of anything, I didn't really balk that he was 32 and still livin' with Mommar and DeeDee. That Friday he invited me to come to a party his parents were having at their home. He picked me up from my apartment after my shift at the Islander and we went to their home. Everyone there was 3 sheets to the wind and listening to really fun 70s music, like "Brandy, You're a Fine Girl". This went on for some time and then everyone went home. Now it was just me, the guy, and his parents. His parents went inside and he and I hung out in the garage for awhile. I have to use the bathroom, so I go into the kitchen and open the door to the nearest bathroom. When I open the door, his DeeDee (Dad) is sitting on the toilet, pants down, passed out! I will never forget this awful sight! I just shut the door like I hadn't seen a thing. So next, I have to go use the restroom in his parents bedroom. His Mama is laid up in her bed and makes me come sit on her bed and talks my ears off about what a fine young man her son is. I was so ready to go home! So there you have it, boys and girls, one of my bad date stories....more to come!

No comments: