Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Cinematherapy Needed!

Oh boy. Yesterday someone sent me a recent pic of me in a bikini and I must admit, it's sent me into a tailspin. Yikes! I mean, OK, it's not really bad or anything, but let's just say I'm not in the shape I would like to be in for going to state. I am about 4 weeks out from state and I will be hitting the gym hardcore. Why is it so hard? It's really, really hard to maintain what I want to maintain (while not starving myself - and I l-o-v-e my food). I've even had a personal trainer before and that, in my opinion, wasn't really worth the money. He didn't really do anything with me that I didn't already know how to do on my own in the gym. What was nice about a trainer was the added encouragement (ok, pressure) to stick to his restrictive diet. One of his commandments was to never eat after 7 PM and I do follow that religiously - it works.

Thursday night is girls night with Amber (a non-diet breaking girls night) and I'm so ready. I am really excited, because my sweet grandmother was not only kind enough to housesit/dogsit for me while I was in ATL for work last week, she left behind some of my favorite movies for me. I couldn't be more excited :) And, if I don't get to them all with Amber Thursday, I have my best friend Jenna in town this weekend - yay! Resting is a big part of being in shape in my opinion (keeps your metabolism consistent - I think?) so I have lots of plans to park in front of the sofa this weekend.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

lol ..I will watch any one of these movies every time they are on. love them.