Thursday, February 26, 2009

Waiting and Watching...

I think one of the greatest small pleasures in life is getting a package in the mail. It's even better if the package is a gift. What's even better than that is if the package isn't for your birthday, or Christmas, or even Valentine's Day, but something someone is sending you because they think you need it or will like it. Last night one of my #1 friends, Benson, called to say I should be expecting a package from him in the mail. He works in a salon and recently a sales rep came in selling a facial soap. All the staff tried to samples and liked it so much they've ordered it for the salon. Benson is so excited about this soap he said he wanted to drive two hours to my house last night and give it to me in person. I have had some trouble with my skin breaking out lately (I think due to stress) and I have got to clear it up before my pageant next weekend. I'm seeing a dermatologist and it's looking a lot better, but it still has a ways to go. This soap is supposed to be heaven sent. I just love getting a package in the mail so I keep watching for a delivery person. I'm as excited as a little kid. I think I get so excited about recieving packages because I grew up out in the country. I'm also an admitted product junkie so I'm always up for trying something new. Maybe I missed my calling and I should be working in the beauty department for a magazine? Now THAT would be a fabulous job. Lucky is my one of my favorite magazines because it has such an awesome beauty section.

I've been tanning a good bit recently to prepare for the pageant and my skin has been a little dry. I'm usually more of a spray tan girl (airbrush, not booth), but with a white evening gown, I'm not taking any chances. I've gotten hooked on Nivea body lotion. I don't like stuff with a heavy smell and this only has a light, fresh smell. It is very moisturizing. They also sell little teeny tiny travel size jars for .99 cents at Walgreens, which has been super handy when I've been in ATL for work.

Today I'm taking a break from the torture that is grad school applications, but I do have some things on my desk to get to for work so good bye for now.

No comments: