Wednesday, June 10, 2009

My Guilty Pleasure & a Recipe

I'm loving the Real Housewives of New Jersey. I think it's the best Real Housewives yet. Trinket even loves it. Trinket watches TV, I kid you not. To be as tiny as she is, Trinket is really smart. When Real Housewives of New Jersey is on she can't take her eyes off the TV.
My favorite housewife by far is Dina. I think she's so cute and her hair always looks so good. I love how she's always talking about keeping house and when I see her cook I always wish I could have some b/c I just know it's delicious. Keeping house is one of my #1 priorities. I'm bad almost to the point I've wondered if I have OCD or something. I have to change mys sheets and do laundry every Sunday or the order of the universe will be upset.
I like Caroline because she dosen't take any crap from anyone and Jackie because she is so sweet. Danielle drives me nuts. I wish she would leave the show, of course, then it wouldn't be as interesting. Their homes are all gorgeous. I for one don't need a huge house, but right now I live in an old house and I can't wait for the day when I can live in a newer home. I don't require a lot in square footage, but there are a few things (I'm a details person) that I would love to have.
I would love:
-granite counter tops
-all stainless steel kitchen appliances
-a garden bathtub and separate glass door shower
-more bathroom space
-a walk-in closet
I'll keep my hardwood floors. I love them and they are easy to clean. I've lived in an apartment with wall-to-wall carpeting before and I'm not a fan.

I don't cook much, unless I have company. However, once Ashley moves in we're going to start cooking dinner once a week. In the spirit of Real Housewives, I will leave you all with one of my favorite recipes. It's easy and delicious.

Italian Chicken Pasta Toss

6 oz. of uncooked bowtie pasta
2-3 plump tomatoes diced
1 small onion OR onion salt to your tasting...(I used the onion salt)
2 medium zucchinis sliced ( I love them..so I add a lot more!)
1 small bell pepper (i didn't use this...we don't care for them)
1/2 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch strips
2 teaspoons of olive oil tasting
1 teaspoon of Basil/Oregano mixed
1 teaspoon of salt
1/4 cup of grated fresh parmesan cheese (OR...the cheese that you can just pour over...that's what we used :)

1. Cook pasta according to package directions, drain and keep warm
2. Meanwhile, dice tomatoes, slice zucchini, cut bell pepper into strips and chicken crosswise into 1-inch strips.
3. Heat olive oil in stir fry skillet over medium-high heat until hot. Put chicken into skillet and then put garlic flakes over chicken (To your tasting). Stir fry 5 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink. Reduce heat to medium.
4. Add onion, zucchini, bell peppers, basil/oregano, and salt....Stir fry 2 minutes.
5. Add tomatoes. Heat 1-2 minutes, stirring gently until heated through.
6. Stir in warm pasta. Liberally sprinkle parmesan cheese over pasta.
Voila!

XOXO
Gamecock Queen

4 comments:

Bronzed Beauty said...

I love watching all of the Real Housewives. Each city/state has that one character that is a little too out there - and for NJ it would definitely be Danielle. She creeps me out! Your recipe sounds good!

daniella said...

You crack me up! Yes, I too am a bit addicted to the Jersey wives and Dina rocks.

Jenny said...

Hey hon-I have a question. What do your workouts and your diet look like when you're getting ready for a pageant?

The wife said...

I love Tuesdays because of this guilty pleasure!