This weekend when I wrote the post about moving into the barn (I really think of it more as what people call a "mother-in-law house", but maybe that's just me not wanting to say I might live in a BARN LOL) I was so stressed I couldn't sit still. I called my Mom and she pointed out to me that being this worried, when I've been working like crazy to apply for jobs and doing a FAFSA and all that jazz to get ready for school, is almost like an insult to God. It's almost like saying I think I can do better than Him.
So for the meantime, I've decided that unless a stellar job opportunity comes along and I pray about it and really feel that is where God wants me to be, I'm going to nursing school. I'm now enrolled and have only attend a meeting called Updates on Nursing (not sure what that is, they didn't have it when I was there for school), meet with my advisor (same one as before :-D), and register for classes. Classes begin August 24th.
The idea of a career in nursing really excites me. The idea of not working a desk job anymore really excites me. The idea of being in something hands on instead of administration and research is exciting.
Even though it's frustrating to have already spent years and dollars getting a bachelors, only to decide to be a nurse and start over, I'm getting used to the idea. After all, I have 30 or 40 years left to work so I may as well be doing something I like.
So in the meantime I'm going to keep getting my ducks in a row for school, keep applying for jobs, and kiss stress goodbye.
Oh, and look forward to the beach. I'm going to Beaufort, SC (which if you have ever seen Full Metal Jacket they are at boot camp at Parris Island in Beaufort although it wasn't filed there, it was filmed in San Diego) in June and then Myrtle Beach, SC in July.

XOXOX
Gamecock Queen
2 comments:
Looking hot, girlfriend!!!!
Maybe you'll run into some godly Marines while there...who knows?
Your mom was very right and I think you made a right decision - espceially that it wasn't led by fear or doubt.
I think you made a great decision! The best decision I have ever made was to quit my job and go back to med school. :)
Post a Comment