Monday, June 8, 2009

Outbreak....

For those of you that have pets, I'm sure you are familair with the battle against fleas. For me, it starts at this time of year (beginning of summer) every year. I couldn't hate it more! I love my pets and having pets {although Morgan is very energetic and a handful, maybe I'll do a post all about that later. People have asked me before why I don't find her a new home, but I think that a pet is a lifetime commitment. I mean, if I can't commit to raising this dog what would I do with a problem child?} but I hate having fleas! I was on about the 4th week of Advantage when I left for Atlanta. Even though Advantage only works for 3 or 4 weeks, I was in a hurry with lots of errands to run before leaving town, and I was hoping I could just stretch it and wait until I got back. Not so! I came home to fleas. Yikes! I have been miserable, feeling discusting, and counting down the minutes until 8:00 this morning so I could go to the vet and get some relief.
I'm so ashamed to even write this on my blog. I am a clean freak and hate dirt, much less bugs in the house.

For those of you that don't know this, as I didn't, if you wash your pet's bedding and anything else (your bedding, area rugs etc. ) in the washer and dry it on high heat in the dryer the heat of the dryer kills the flea eggs. Today I'm going home for lunch to treat everyone with Advantage and then I'm washing everything in my house. Luckily, I have hardwood floors and not carpeting so I think I can nip this in the bud and not have infestation. All weekend I felt like the fleas were biting me. I'm promising myself I'm going to be more vigilent in my war against fleas for the rest of the summer.

Hope all of you are having a good and flea free Monday!
XOXOX
Gamecock Queen

No comments: