Friday, June 26, 2009

RIP Michael, Farah...

What an awful way to start my day. This morning I was driving to work, through the part of town called Five Points, and I saw a beautiful little kitten in the street. It looked scared to death, so I pulled my car into the Food Lion parking lot as fast as I could, parked, got out, and started to the road to get the kitten. Right then, a car stopped because they had hit the kitten! It was so sad (and the car only stopped and looked before driving away, they didn't get out or try to help me or anything) the kitten couldn't walk because it's back leg had been hit and it was meowing and trying to get closer to me. A homeless man came and stood with me in the middle of traffic. I had to pick up this poor kitten out of the road. A beautiful blonde girl was in the Food Lion parking lot and came over to help. She gave me and this poor little kitten a ride to the vet, which is just down the street. The little cat acted like it wanted attention even though it was in such bad shape. When I got to the vet they said they could try to save the kitten, but that the prognosis wasn't good, and that it would be expensive. They said the kitten's lungs were probably damaged because it was having a hard time breathing. I had the kitten put down because that seemed best after being run over. I wish that the car hadn't hit the kitten (or at least had just been nice enough to stop) because I could have gotten my boss to take him and find him a home. My boss is the kitten rescuer extrordinaire, which is one of the reasons I look up to him so much. So, not the best way to begin my work day.

I can't believe Michael Jackson died. I LOVE early Michael, the Thriller album is the best. Wasn't "Man in the Mirror" (another favorite of mine) the song from Free Willie? I remember when I was that movie I thought it was the best thing I'd ever seen. I thought the kid in it was really cute. Wonder what ever happened to that actor?
I feel like Farrah Fawcett's death isn't getting much media coverage because of Michael Jackson (and Gov. Sanford, yes, I'm still dialed into the gossip - sorry). She makes a red bathing suit look good. I've always liked red bathing suits, they are a classic. My Mom almost named me Farrah and chose Tara for my middle name. I like Farrah and her other choice, Brooke, a lot more than what she named me, but nothing I can do about it now! LOL She let her loser ex husband, my biological father, pick my name, so go figure. What a great smile she had, and such beautiful teeth. It might be weird, but I am a teeth person. I always look at people's teeth.

Last night after the photos (I think they were really good) and Mexcian food, A and I got sucked into "I'm 16 and Pregnant". Everyone says that show makes teen pregnancy look fun and criticizes the show, but I like it. I don't know why I watch it, but I don't think it makes teen pregnancy look fun. I like kids, but that does not look fun to me! And I can't stand the guys on there. The baby's dad is always some annoying dirt neck from the sticks and never wants to do their part to take care of the baby. I guess that shouldn't be surprising since these are teenagers after all, but the mom always steps up. After "16 and Pregnant" we wanted to stay up all night and watch MTV because they were going to be playing old MJ music videos all night, but we couldn't last another second.

I hope everyone has a great weekend! I have another interview on Tuesday!
XOXOX
Gamecock Queen

2 comments:

Aliya said...

haha, love that we picked the same pics! Great minds def do think alike.... and Farrah could DEF rock a swim suit. I'd kill to look like her in that pic!

Jane said...

Poor little kitten. :(

That was so nice of you to stop and help it out!