Thursday, June 18, 2009

Camp...

Camp Kemo was awesome! Those are the sweetest children in the world and I had so much fun. Camp Kemo is very well run with medical personnel on standby, police, and tons of organized activities. I am beat today. My eyes are watering at my desk and feel like sandpaper. I'm in OK shape and all my muscles are sore today from all of the activities we did.

My group went to dancing (we learned a dance from High School Musical), chariot races, quiet time (I wouldn't have made it all day without it), lunch (Sonic), a belly flop contest, woodworking (we made bread boxes), and canoeing (my partner almost tipped us over).

All the children were so sweet and affectionate, but there was one in particular that was just too precious. He had Down Syndrome and came and sat in my lap a few times. He was wearing frog galoshes.

I didn't take any pictures so I don't have any for the post. When I did Queen for a Day we couldn't take any photos so I figured the same rule applied. Plus, that's weird to put pictures of people's kids on the internet, I guess.

Next year I want to go back and stay all week as a counselor. When I was a kid and went to church camp I hated it and thought "roughing it" was awful. I think now I would be OK with being at camp. Camp Kemo had cabins with a bathroom and shower so it isn't too rustic.

Tomorrow The Frashelys (Me {Fran} and my partner in crime {Ashley} together are Frashley...get it?) are beach bound! We are going to the Watermelon Festival Pageant on Saturday morning and to the beach the rest of the time. We're going to go out in Beaufort, which is a really cute town, as well so I'm looking forward to it all!!

XOXOX
Gamecock Queen

2 comments:

USCEmily said...

Have so much fun down at the beach!
One of my best friend's family lives near Hampton and I went to the Watermelon Festival with her a few years ago!
I hope you have fun!
P.S.- Slow down when you go through Yemassee- the cops are sneaky!

USCEmily said...

The party sounds fun- just let me know! I need some more friends in the neighborhood- our across the street neighbors always have parties and we look out the window and say "Hey, we're cool- invite us"...lol