I won't be turning my computer on again until Monday when I get back to work. The university is observing the 4th of July holiday with a 3 day weekend so I have tomorrow off. Since I always seem to be pressed for time these days (helping my boss with a grant proposal) I will leave you with a list.
1. Chinese food is so good! Even better when your boss treats you because you are working through lunch. Sweet and Sour Chicken is my choice.
2. I have not had a watch since my freshman year of college when I lost my beloved Tinkerbell watch. I wore my Tinkerbell watch all through high school and I loved it. Yes, I was getting too old for a Tinkerbell watch, but it was so pretty, and it was little and I have little arms so it's hard to find a small watch I like. I went into Hand Picked, a cute little store on Devine St., and found a watch I love. It's not expensive, it is made by Geneva, and it has a white face with lime green numbers and a white leather band trimmed in lime green. It's very summery and I can't beleive it took me 6 years to replace my Tinkerbell watch. I'm so happy now that I have a watch again I can't believe I waited so long!
3. Trinket and I are traveling for the 4th. We will be going to my Mom's farm and to my friend Lindsay's on Lake Keowee for a cookout and fireworks. I can't wait! Oh, and I got a red white and blue American Flag bikini from Old Navy to wear.
4. A and I are flirting with the idea of a trip to New Orleans this fall. Neither one of us has ever been and we are dying to go. We also want to visit the Bed and Breakfast where Steel Magnolias was filmed. The house that is Shelby's parents house in Steel Magnolias (where she is at the beginning of the film and has her wedding) is open as a B&B and hasn't been changed since the film was made. I will post the link later.
5. I got a callback for a 2nd interview about the job I interviewed for earlier this week. Things are looking up!!
Happy Fourth of July to you all!!!
XOXOX
Gamecock Queen
1 comment:
Sounds like a good weekend! Have fun!
Post a Comment