Monday, July 6, 2009

Quick Highs and Lows...

4th of July was great! I went to one of my BFFs houses, which is on beautiful Lake Keowee. For anyone like me that grew up on Lake Hartwell, which sometimes feels like mud wrestling or swimming in a mud hole instead of a lake, Lake Keowee is a real treat. It has the cleanest lake water I have ever seen, and the huge houses aren't bad eye candy either. I wore my Old Navy 4th of July bikini, but forgot to take any pictures all weekend long! That is so not like me, but I'm always the person being obnoxious with her camera and taking a million pictures (Lindsay mentioned over the weekend she didn't have very many pictures of herself pregnant {her son is now 4 and such a ladies man LOL} and I was like "Oh My Gosh, I have all of your baby showers documented on film and organized, I will have to send them to you!"). I guess I was just having too much fun to bother with my camera this weekend. This is Jessica Simpson (again, love her hair) in her 4th of July bikini, just so you get the idea.


Isn't that body inspiring? I have my gym clothes packed and I'm going back to the gym today to get back on track.

Friday night I got a call about another interview (yeah!). I will be interviewing with the USC PD, for an opening as an administrative assistant. I have to go over there today to drop off some documents and take a few tests. One of the documents they requested was a copy of all diplomas, high school, college, and otherwise. This would be okay, except that I designed a fancy frame for my college diploma and had a framer frame it, and it is done in such a way that it was near impossible to extract the diploma from said frame. It took lots of sweat, several broken nails (ouch!), and cracking open a tool case to finally reach the diploma. And just so you don't think I'm an inbecile, I did try to make a Xerox of the diploma while still IN the frame, but the reflectioin from the glass on the frame messes up the copy. It took a lot of tape to repair the back of the frame once I made the copy and got the diploma back in correctly. It's all good now, I have my diploma back in it's frame, hanging on my wall in my office, and I have the copy of the diploma in my pulvarized little fingers to take over to the police department at 3 today.

Tomorrow I have a group date with someone I was set up with about two weeks ago. It will be the second time I see the guy, and while I really liked him, I don't have a ton of expectations for tomorrow because I'm unsure that he has much interest in me. I mean, I have both read and seen He's Just Not Into You {and gotten a lot of advice from a bloggie friend :-D}, and I would not want to mistake uninterest for shyness. I'm feeling pretty chill about the whole thing, either he likes me or he dosen't, so I'm just going to go and we will see. And you know I'm a fan of the Millionaire Matchmaker, Patti Stanger, and she says "Wether you are 18 or 80, there is always another guy around the corner". Plus, right now dating is really having to take a backseat to everything else I have going on, decisions about going back to school for nursing or finding a new job and so forth. I will keep you ladies posted on how it goes tomorrow, because reading about someone else's dates is much less painful and more entertaining than actually going on dates :-D

XOXOX
Gamecock Queen

1 comment:

daniella said...

I bet you looked better than Jessica in your 4th of July bikini. Josh saw her at the airport two minutes before I arrived back in town last week and he said she's looking pretty darn chunky (and he doesn't say those types of things often), more so than in pics papparazzi take of her. I think she looks fine either way because she's comfortable with it and Tony might actually prefer her that way?

Anywho, glad you had fun in a CLEAN lake! If I can't see my feet, I'm not going in either.