I have gotten a job offer! I'm so pleased, I've been working and working since Feb. on my resume, cover letter, applying, interviewing, and praying everyday that something will come through. The twist in this is that I had to put them off and ask them for a few days to think about the job offer. I have had 2 interviews with another agency and I think they are about to me make an offer. This other job is higher paying and room to move up. The offer I have gotten isn't bad at all, but the salary I've been offered is at the top of the pay band (state or gov't jobs have salaries in pay bands) so there is not room for a raise, ever. In addition, it's kind of a dead end position. I hope I find out something about the other position soon and I will let you ladies know as soon as I do!
That's mostly my big news. Other than that my best friend/roommate and I had a friend spend the weekend and had a party on Saturday. I'm still tired from it. I had reconnected with a guy that I went out with a few times in the past. The story with this is that last October we went out a few times. He seemed like a really really good guy and like he would treat a girl very well. He took me on a really nice dinner date and also to a haunted house, which I thought was a fun and cute date. I liked him, but it seemed pretty clear he liked me a lot more than I liked him. He started calling and texting me a lot and wanting to see a lot of me and wanted to come to one of my pageants and it kind of freaked me out. I felt skittish and wasn't ready for all that since I was still not over my ex (the guy I dated for 5 years and had the bad breakup with).
I guess it wasn't the nicest or most ladylike thing to do, but I went MIA on him. I figured it was fine to do, because guys have done that to me or my friends a millions times and I thought there was no need for closure since we only went out about 3 or so times. He sent me an email saying he really liked me and asking what happened. I responded to the email and told him that I wasn't over my ex or ready for dating. That was early Novemember right after Halloween.
He has kept in touch with me a little bit on facebook here and there and a few weeks ago when I was thinking about nursing school I sent him a facebook message to ask him if I could ask him some questions about the program here because he is going to school for nursing. He wrote back and said to call him so I did. This got communication going between us.
Right before I went to the beach A and I had an ordeal involving us coming in from a late dinner and not being able to find my black lab. We didn't even have flashlight to look for him but we could hear him barking so we knew he wasn't far. We finally figured out he was under the house. I didn't know what to do so I called this guy. He came right over (he lives close to me) and got my black lab out from under the house. I thought that was so so sweet and I was very appreciative so I invited him over for dinner the following week.
I made lasagne and A also had a guy over for dinner that night. The four of us all had a good time. At the end of the night we shared a kiss. At this point I was thinking that I'm ready for a good guy and he seems like a good guy. I invited him to come to our party Saturday night. Friday night he texted me and we texted back and forth some. He ended with saying that he would see me tomorrow (Saturday).
So Saturday night rolls around and we have some friends over and what do you know, he's a no call no show. So, we will never speak of him again. If you've seen the movie The Village then you remember "those of whom we do not speak". That's how I refer to old flames, "those of whom we do not speak" LOL. If I hear from him I will not pick up the phone or respond in any way.
Between my teenage boyfriend and the guy I dated for 5 years I dated a guy, K, that would do stuff like stand me up all the time (or there was that time he took me to see Phantom of the Opera and got tanked causing him to run into parked cars with his new Expedition leaving the Peace Center). Even when he did stuff like that I would be angry for awhile but then just get over it and act like nothing had happened. I would always overlook his behavior because I was a teenager and fresh off the farm, but no more. All I can really say about being stood up this time is....NEXT!
How is it Monday already?!
XOXO
Gamecock Queen
2 comments:
Maybe he had a good reason for not calling or showing up?
Just a thought. If he tries to contact you again observe how sorry he truly is and go from there.
Yey on the job offers! Let us know which one you'll take.
Awesome news about the job!
I'm sorry we didn't make it over on Saturday night! We ended up staying at the house warming party until well after midnight!
Post a Comment