Thursday, January 8, 2009

Looking fine in 2009!!!

I can't believe it's a new year already! Where does the time go? Where did 2008 go? They say time flies when you are having fun. To recap since I've blogged, I went home for Christmas for about 10 days. It was a nice long overdue break. I got to spend time with family, go to the movies (one of my favorite things to do - Marley and Me, what a great film and Jenn looked like a million dollars, love her), and even managed to make time to ride one of the horses! And boy oh boy was Santa good to me this year! I got 9-West dark brown suede ankle boots (had been wanting some forever), Sex and the City The Movie, and a Michael Kors belt, along with a few other things. I gave my Mom Smashbox makeup this year. Makeup is one of my favorite gifts to get and give. Mom's precious Scottie dog, Violet, passed away due to lymphoma and she got a new one for Christmas. Here's the new puppy, Holly Noelle. Such a cutie!

For New Year's I went out with old friends. Good times. Here's me and Jenn, looking fine in '09!!! LOL....




Last year I went way overboard with a whole grocery list of really strict resolutions for myself. This year, I only made one. My resolution is to be more considerate of others. Sometimes I don't pay as much attention as I should to others...co-workers, friends, neighbors, even strangers...I get caught up in what I have to do that day, grocery shopping, gym, laundry, run errands for work and so forth...I plan on calling my friends more, to ask them how THEY are, not because I'm in some crisis or want to vent that I had a bad day. I already started, I sent my #1, Miss J, an Elvis card (we both love the King) to wish her good luck on her board exams.


Big news for me: I got a second job! My roommate has moved out (yes!) and I'm decorating what is now my guest room (Joe, I here's the window box I was talking about), and I need to recoup a little of the income I'll be losing from not having a renter. I work 2 Saturdays a month at a small privately owned vitamin and supplement store. It is about 20 minutes from home and is such an adorable little shop. It's pretty low stress. I just help customers in the store and ring up sales. It's a teeny tiny little shop and only one person works at a time so I'll be working alone. The other girl told me to bring a book and don't expect a lot of stress so I'm excited about making a little extra $ in addition to my salary.

Coming soon - my new headshots! I am very excited about them :-D
Happy New Year!

No comments: