Friday, January 16, 2009

The Latest and Greatest....

Yesterday I broke down and went shopping. I have been on a budget and have been doing really well about sticking to it. You would be surprised how even a short time on a budget can really turn things around! I went shopping because I decided it was time to make the investment of a machine that makes soothing sounds while you sleep. I have not been sleeping well and it has really been effecting me. Yesterday at work I was useless. It was seriously the most unproductive day I think I've ever had. About the only thing worth anything I did yesterday was go to the Children's Hospital. We made Valentines :), my idea. I made a monkey Valentine, but left it at the hospital (because I was tired and useless). I invested in a machine that makes about 5 different nature sounds, is an AM/FA radio, and an alarm clock. I used it for the first time last night, and I'm in love! I feel so rested today. I had to best sleep I have had since I was probably a freshman in college. This thing was worth every penny.


I also went to World Market, a favorite shopping place of mine. It's OK to reward yourself after a time of being frugal and keeping to your budget. I got some cute little kitchen signs. I'm still in the process of decorating (I always lived in really small places in college) and still need stuff for my walls. The signs turned out to be appropriate, because I went to Wal-Mart and got feista groceries and my friend Amber came over for dinner. We watched Bush's farewell speech and talked about politics a lot, which is unusal for me, but Amber has a poli sci degree and is really good at explaining things. The new president elect is not my choice, but I'll pray for whomever is President, even if they aren't my choice, that they will be safe and have the wisdom to make good decisions. Of course, after that Grey's came on....

This weekend I'm roadtripping with a good friend to a pageant on the coast. Last time I spent a weekend with him, I was almost sick by Sunday...from laughing so hard!
Have a good weekend!

2 comments:

Misty Rice said...

I love that clock, something I would totally go for. Wait, I did go for. LOL I have similar type of clocks in my bedrooms. We love them.

And ahem, very nice headshots. Very pretty and that blue was a fabulous choice.

joe hall said...

Hey uh yeah ok so did ya get one with that plays sea gulls and ocean waves? How about crickets?

Crickets are always good; barking frogs not so much.