Tuesday, December 23, 2008

It's the most wonderful time of the year....

Actually, summer is by far my favorite time of the year. However, it will be awesome to have two weeks of paid leave (not coming out of my two week annual vacation - my job is awesome!). I am looking forward to spending time with family and friends and getting to catch up on The Young and the Restless. I just love that show. Last night I worked out really hard, so proud of myself, and then went to have fried chicken and vegetables at one of my favorite country cookin' places. I got food poisoning! It was awful and I spent the rest of the evening in the bathroom :[

I got the best news....really all I want for Christmas....my annoying roommate is moving out!! I had about enough of her (always having a hard time coming up with her rent, using everything that was mine - toilet paper, my tampons, my body lotion, napkins, papertowels, cleaning stuff, dish detergent, laundry detergent, and NEVER contributing....) and I told her that in July my situation would be changing and I wanted to give her enough time to find another arrangement. She said "oh, you didn't get my text?" and I said, "no, what text?" She then informed me that she had sent me a text to let me know that she found somewhere cheaper to live. Yippee!! She will be moving out while I am gone on break so I will come home to an empty house. I know to be more financially savvy I should get another roommate, but I have set a budget and have been being very very good with my money, so I think I'll be OK without her. I am just going to cut back rather than have the headache of another roommate. At age 24 I have had several roommates in the college years and now I am grownup and I am just through. I can't take the hassle again. I am turning her room into a guest room. So happy.

I wasn't going to put up a tree, but I did. My Christmas stuff this year is brown and gold. Amber (who hopefully will be watching the pets when I travel for work now that I lost said annoying roomate) helped me.

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year! I am super excited about the New Year....2008 has not been my best year by a long shot and I'm so ready for a new beginning.

On The Playlist (from Sex and the City The Movie)
Auld Lang Syne - Mairi Campbell and Dave Francis

1 comment:

joe hall said...

Woot woot! Always check yer chicken fer feathers!