Thursday, December 18, 2008
Rosalita at Old Folks Home....
After the last Christmas parade I rode in I visited the Old Folks Home. I guess the more PC (politically correct, at work we call it PC) term is Assisted Living, maybe? Anyways, they LOVE when animals visit and Trinket in all her prissiness likes to bite sometimes so I took my Mom's chihuahua. I love Mom's chihuahua so much. Mom got Rosalita ( I call her Ro) when I was in 8th grade. I got Trinket because I liked Mom's chihuahua so much. I can't get enough of chihuahuas, they are a lot of love in a little package. Yorkies are pretty cute too, but I have enough on my plate fixing my own hair, I couldn't handle all that hair they have. Anyways, Ro did really good at the Old Folks home. She was super sweet with everyone. Let me be honest, it's not my favorite "appearance" if you will. I like the Children's Hospital much more, even though, seriously it's much sadder. I mean sick children are a lot more difficult to think about because it's so unfair, compared to someone in an Old Folks home who has lived a full life. I guess a lot of it has to do with the environment. The Children's Hospital I visit is clean and bright and very, very colorful. There are lots of toys and arts and crafts. The toy room is jungle theme and has framed children's artwork on the walls. I guess it's just that it's such a wonderful hospital and so well staffed that makes visiting there so great. The staff there is amazing, very upbeat nurses. And of course you can't help but fall in love with all the children you meet. The old folks home has always seemed a little eery to me and it is sadder to visit for some reason. The staff there seem like they don't really care and I can almost understand their lack of enthusiasim because some of the patients are difficult (like the woman who, when I was walking down the hall with a nurse said "look at them, they don't give a damn about anyone but themselves" of course, gigglebox that I am, I thought it was funny). It's kind of dark in there always too quiet. Well, hopefully they enjoyed Rosalita. Anyways, here's me and Ro....
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment