Sunday, May 17, 2009

My Mini Vacation and Wal-Mart

I feel like I spent my mini vacation in Wal-Mart! I decided that I wanted to start a garden. I had no idea how much work this would take. It took a lot to prepare for planting in my backyard and get everything I needed. I am happy to say after no less than 3 trips to Wal-Mart and 1 trip to a Feed and Seed store I am the proud owner of a garden. I'll post a picture as soon as there is something to post a picture of. Hopefully my efforts weren't in vain and something will grow. I planted watermelon (to prepare myself for the Watermelon Festival Pageant) and pumpkins (to use for decorating come fall).

Remember the movie where Natalie Portman lives in Wal-Mart? I thought about that movie this weekend. It's one of my favorites.

I went through a stage, when the economy was better and I had more spending money, when I woudln't shop at Wal-Mart unless I absolutley had to for something. Of course, way before that my old flame and I used to go on "Wal-Mart Dates". Oh come on, you know you've been on a Wal-Mart date. I got all kinds of things at Wal-Mart this weekend. I got a really cute necklace I'll post a picture of and some really cute panties. The old me would't have been caught in a necklace or panties from Wal-Mart, but now I don't care.

This is me and Trink at my Mom's farm on our vacation. My makeup is melting down my face because it's so blistering hot.

Me and Trinket tonight. This is what I look like without a stitch of makeup on. Yikes!
XOXOX
Gamecock Queen

1 comment:

daniella said...

1. I LOVE that movie (it's actually my top 5 favorites of all time).
2. Josh and I have Wal-Mart (and Target) dates ALL the time. I get all my make up and some toiletries there because it's cheaper than anywhere else.
3. You look GREAT without make-up! Silly.
4. Your appartment is super cute, but you do need a rug under that coffee table. Time for a trip to Marshall's or TJ Maxx! They have em for as cheap as $30 a pop - the good ones too!
5. Can't wait to see your garden. I've been dying to get my hands dirty but that's kind of impossible when you live on the third floor. Ugh.
6. And just so I don't leave you with "unlucky number 5" I'll say that Trinket looks just perfect in your apartment, almost like he's part of the decor :-)