Since the holidays are here (already - not sure how they got here so fast) I thought I would share a recipe. I like to bring this dish to potlucks and parties. It is kind of heavy so I think that makes it a good cold weather dish, you know in the summer something thick and heavy is just not appetizing. It is very rare that I post a recipe so enjoy!! Oh, and coming from me, you know this is easy to make. It practically makes itself while you nap.
1 Block of cream cheese (I used 2 of everything)
1 jar of pizza sauce
1 small onion
1 jar of black olives
1 bag of mozzarella cheese
Put in a baking dish in the oven, set to 350, for about 25 minutes. Put the cream cheese in first, then the pizza sauce, onion, and black olives, and lastly the shredded cheese. Serve with tortilla chips.
I think I am still trying to decide if I am a cook or not. When I first moved out on my own at age 18 I was NOT a cook. My boyfriend at the time (my first boyfriend, the one I call my "Mr. Big") used to beg me to cook and I refused. He would make fun of me for not being domestic and tell me I needed to get his Mama (a great Southern cook) to tutor me in the kitchen!
After that, when I was w/ "S", the guy I dated for 5 years, I morphed into a gourmet chef! For my degree (which is Hotel, Restaurant, and Tourism Management), I had to take cooking classes. I actually know a lot of techniques and all the fancy names and recipes. I used to love to cook for "S" - I think I was trying to impress him (which makes me throw up in my mouth now). I even hosted a Thanksgiving party at his house one year for our friends and made the whole traditional Thanksgiving spread myself from scratch.
So that brings us up to the present and I NEVER cook. I am a takeout and dine out girl all the way. Sometimes I can't believe how LAZY (there I said it) and spoiled I have become. Growing up on a farm, I always had a TON of chores from feeding the horses before school, to cutting grass in the summer (usually w/ a push mower), and many other chores that it takes to maintain a small farm. Now I don't even cut our tiny little front and back yards, we pay a gardener. I halfway LOVE the new city me and sometimes I don't even recognise myself! So, I have not yet decided if I do or don't enjoy cooking. Sometimes I do, but more and more often it is obvious that I don't! I don't like feeling like I've wasted time slaving away in the kitchen! My affair with cooking seems to be a very brief and sporadic flirtation. :-D
XOXO
Gamecock Queen
2 comments:
I enjoy cooking when I have plenty of time to do it. i.e. - the weekend or Tuesday. The rest of the week I don't get home until 6:30 so Nick cooks us dinner usually. I love coming home to a warm dinner!
Popped in to say hi! I've got two Chihuahuas so I had to pop in and see your little one!
Post a Comment