Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Not much, but somehow it's so much.....

I don't really have anything new to blog about, although I stay busy constantly. Life has been GOOD and drama free for a while now. I am settling into my new job (I started a new job in August) and I really like it. At first I had my doubts about how I was going to like this job (which doesn't really matter b/c I have BILLS) but I have made some work friends, I am learning the ropes, and all is GOOD!

Since this summer I have been in a really good season in life. You know how it goes -life is up and down like a roller coaster. I heard in a sermon once that you are:

1. About to go through a hard time
2. Going through a hard time
3. Coming out of a hard time

In the past 16 months I have gotten laid off from a job I loved and ended a five year relationship, so I feel like I am coming out of a hard time. I still don't know how getting laid off from my old job works in God's plan for me because I really loved that job, but I know that it was part of God's plan and he had a reason even if I can't see it. Maybe it was just that I needed to grow up more because my old boss babied and petted me. I had it good and I know that is not the real world of jobs! He taught me a lot (both in my career and in life) so I am very grateful that I got to be his assistant for the years we were together. The ending of the long term relationship on the other hand, I can already see how that a good thing. I totally settled!

I have been single for almost a year now (or more maybe? not really sure when qualifies as the FINAL breakup) and that is going good. It has been a big adjustment for me because I have, no exaggeration, had a boyfriend for YEARS. Since I have been a teenager I have constantly had a boyfriend. Dating is WEIRD, but I have grown used to the weirdness (and disappointment) of going out with new guys. Mostly I just have a laugh at some of these FREAKS I have run across in my adventures in dating.

As for the church guy - I just didn't see that going anywhere. He was cute, a strong Christian, and very nice, but we never even went on an actual date. We met for church and coffee a few times and I was never sure if he was interested in me. I accidentally overlooked his most recent email, which was an invitation to go to church again and gave me his cell #. By the time I realized I overlooked the email several days had passed and I don't really want to go to church and coffee again. I know you can never have too many friends, but I have a friend that I go to church with (my roommate) and I want someone, if they are interested in me, to man up and make it clear to me that they are interested!

I promise I will have a more exciting post soon! I have found some great Christmas gifts and some super cute dresses to wear to upcoming Christmas parties. I have become a total bargain shopper. I have been going to Marshalls, TJ Maxx, and Ross for everything. I used to go to the mall - J Crew, Banana Republic, Arden B, Express....that is the way to go broke fast! I will have to do a fashion post with pictures of A and I at our rounds of Christmas parties this year.

XOXO
Gamecock Queen

1 comment:

Carrie said...

That's too bad it didn't work out with the church guy, but I agree with you, a guy needs to be man enought to ask you out and take a risk!

I went through a rough patch right after college where I left a job I loved because of a guy I worked with (and I left that guy behind too). It was really hard to recover from, but now I can look back and say, "If those things hadn't happened I wouldn't be where I am now, and now I am very happy."