Monday, December 21, 2009

My Tree and Some Other Stuff.....

As I start writing this post I am quietly listening to the radio in my office. You know how a certain song can remind of you a certain someone? Several Elvis songs remind me of my teenage flame, the one I call my Mr. Big (which really flatters him too much). The one that reminds me of him the most is "Suspicious Minds"...any guesses why? LOL "Blue Christmas" also reminds me of him b/c of this one time that really sticks out in my mind when we heard it in his truck going somewhere at Christmastime. So naturally I hear it every day, several times a day, this Christmas. I'm being haunted by it. Drives me nuts!!

This is my cute little pink Christmas tree. When ornaments go on sale after Christmas I would like to get it some Barbie ornaments.
This is my favorite ornament on our big tree. I went to Vegas in October to visit a good friend from college and absolutely fell in LOVE w/ LV.
This is my other favorite ornament on my big tree. I'm feeling a little like this hippo myself right now. I have been blessed w/ lots of invitations to Christmas parties (I joke I've now been to so many of A's work events they probably think I'm on payroll somewhere). A busy social life makes it difficult to make it to the gym. I will definitely need to get back on track after the holidays!
I work today and tomorrow until 1. I have a few last minute errands to run and then this show pony is hitting the road. I am going home to my Mom's farm for 9 happy days! As much as I love city living I really miss living in the country and being a farm girl. Well, and having no responsibilities or bills to pay too LOL. This was me in 1999.
Even more than I am excited about the holidays, I am super pumped for beginning a New Year! Especially since I plan on moving right after the new year begins and I'm also looking into getting a new car. I started a new job that I am loving in August (an answer to prayer after getting laid off earlier in the year and I am very thankful) so it is "out with the old and in with the new" for me!! I've already begun to go through some of my things to get organized to pack up and move. I've taken some things to the thrift store that I was ready to let go, like ex-boyfriend stuffed animals. I am getting all that stuff cleared out of my way. It feels like getting rid of excess baggage, in the literal and figurative sense. I feel God has richly blessed me this year. I am so ready to welcome the New Year and I have high hopes for 2010!

XOXO
Gamecock Queen

4 comments:

Carrie said...

I love your pink tree! My grandma has given me a few of the Barbie ornaments and they are so cute.

I hope you have a great vacation and a Merry Christmas!

Misty Rice said...

Awe a pretty pink tree it is. So fits your girly style.

Morgan said...

I just came across your blog and I couldn't believe that you had that hippo ornament on your tree! We did an ornament exchange and that was one of the funniest ornaments that was brought! It's soo cute! Then I kept reading and saw that your dog has the same naughty or nice shirt that my dog does! Crazy!! Anyway just wanted to say hi!

Blair @ Reasonably Swanky said...

I am in love with this PINK tree! Too cute!