Monday, December 14, 2009

Weekend...

I spent the weekend with one of my best friends, J, in upstate SC. We went out for sushi, went to the movies, watched Taylor Lautner host SNL (what a cutie pie, I would take him to the family reunion yall!) and went to Sunday school and a Christmas Cantata at her church Sunday AM. On the way back home after church on Sunday I almost ran out of gas on the interstate! I thought I had enough to make it and wasn't really paying attention until the red light came on. Then of course I didn't see an exit with a gas station for miles and miles. I really thought I was not going to make it and I just barely made it in time.
Sidenote about my hair, it is superlong now and I love it. This morning while I was getting ready for work my roommate A told me that "super long hair went out of style in the 90s and only redneck girls wear their hair that long." WHAT?! I am about to get it trimmed and I refuse to part with the length. I love it and it has taken me a long time to get it this long.

The movie I went to see w/ my friend was Blindside and I LOVED it. That is the best movie I have seen in a long time. If you have not seen it yet, seriously, go see it! I love football movies anyways, but this one was a notch above anything else. One of my favorite football movies is Varsity Blues b/c it reminds me of high school SO much.

While I was at J's house this weekend she was telling that she had just had a man come out and look under her house. Not sure what you call this man, so I'll just call him a man who looks under houses. J is a nurse and owns the most gorgeous 3 bedroom house I think I've ever seen. She was having a problem with getting standing water under her house when it rains heavily. While the man was out looking under the house he and J were making small talk. He told her that recently he was looking under a house and he found a man living under there. That supports my theory that I think there may be someone under our house!

This afternoon after work I'm finishing up a tiny bit of Christmas shopping w/ A. Trinket has a stocking waiting for her at my Mom's house and we are both getting her some things to go in it. I want to get her a Snuggie for dogs, however I am a bargain shopper and the snuggie was $15.00! I am also looking forward to eating while we are out as we are out of groceries so my lunch was lacking today. I'm feeling like Texas Roadhouse or Outback....mmmm....

XOXO
Gamecock Queen

4 comments:

USCEmily said...

I think your hair is so pretty! And super long hair may have gone out of style (I didn't know this, however), but apparently guys really like it. Ed can't stand short hair and several of my friends' husbands agree that they like long hair on girls. So there you go :-) Keep it how you like it!

Bronzed Beauty said...

I really want to see that movie, but I haven't got around to it as yet. I think I'll see it or the new Disney movie this weekend. LOL @ the snuggie. It's one of my Christmas wish list items...I want one in either pink or leopard print. I've seen the sunggie for dogs in my local Wal-Marts in blue and pink, and I believe that they're selling for $10 there.

Carrie said...

The snuggie for dogs is so cute! I bet you can find a deal for it online...but then you would have to pay shipping. Might still be less than $15 though.

I have almost always had long hair, and I like it when it's super long. I disagree that it looks redneck. Look at all the Victoria's Secret models - they all have long to extra long hair. Gisele's is to her waist!

Jamie @ Plum Crazy said...

Oh man, I loved the Blindside too! It was an all around good movie.

Jamie
http://hisnhertowels.typepad.com/jamie/