Friday, September 25, 2009

TGIF & A Bad Date Story...

I'm elated today! Last night USC beat the #4 team in the nation, Ole Miss!! You might think that a girlie girl like myself wouldn't give two hoots about football, but in the south football is like a religion. For me college was all about getting all dolled up (black dress, pearls, and Rainbow flip flops) and starting our "pre-gaming" early. I will share a quote with you that an ESPN commentator said about my school:

"If South Carolina isn't the essence of Southern hospitality, I don't know what is. Those women sure know how to dress. Of course, in the South, a college football game is practically a formal event. Everyone, especially the ladies, get all dolled up. But USC takes it to a whole new level. That football crowd is like something you would see in Vogue magazine."



I didn't attend last nights game, but watched some of it in Carrabba's, where we had dinner last night for girls night. I'm still feeling stuffed! I had the Chicken Bryan and it was sooo good. I love their mashed potatos too.

I've been meaning to post about this and just haven't found the time. Last Sunday I went on a first date and it was AWFUL!! A and I met two guys out Saturday. The one I went on the date with came up and started talking to me, so A was being my wingman and started up a conversation with his friend. The one I went out with was a WEIRDO and his friend (the one Ashley went out with) was normal (or so it seems). The date was a double date and started out OK. We went to Rockaways for burgers. I like to keep first dates low key and go to a restaurant where you aren't going to sit and have a lot of courses so it won't last too long. I guess I've been on so many bad dates that I like to keep them short and sweet.

The first bad sign was this guy talked my ears off about his ex wife: what a gold digging tramp she was and all about their divorce. TMI!! I mean, first of all, that's not suitable first date conversation. Secondly, I've learned (b/c I know I've done it in the past) that when you talk about how awful your ex was, it really turns people off. I mean, there was something you liked about your ex or you wouldn't have been with them. AND the worse you make your ex sound, the more people are going to think, "well, what's wrong with you that you were with this person for so long?" Believe me, I'm not trying to sound mean here. I have made this mistake in the past - I've just learned not to anymore!! It is very off putting. Sometimes less is more.

The next blow is that he asked me about KIDS. On the first date! I like kids and even want to have my own someday. However, when someone asks me this early on, it makes me want to run for the hills! Especially if that is accompanied by being forced to look at pictures of your neices and nephews and hear you go on and on about wanting to have kids. NO! Huge turn off! The two people I have had serious relationships with had the attitude of "if you want kids, we'll have kids, if you don't, then we won't" I like that attitude. After all, the woman is the one who is pregnant.

I'm sorry to admit that I was exhausted on this date and not really thinking on my feet. I was so tired I wasn't really processing how bad the date was or how much I wanted to get away from this guy. I let him kiss me after the date. It was beyond horrible!! I won't gross you out with the details, but let's just say it was not good!

A really enjoyed his friends company so she was having a great time on the double date. I was beyond ready for them to leave. This made for a bit of an akward situation. I didn't want to throw the guy out or embarass him in front of his friend so I was forced to be polite and sit there and listen to more of his blah, blah, blah until my ears were bleeding. This whole time I am wishing I was with my Mr. Big instead of with this goober! Finally they left.

The date has texted me since and I was out running and never got back to responding. Well, I say never got back to responding. I didn't have anything to say back. He took the hint b/c I haven't heard from him again. His friend asked A what was going on with me and if my date should just forget me and she said YES. A and his friend really like each other and are going out again this weekend. I'm excited for her! He seems like a good guy so far.

So that was my nightmare date!
Have a great weekend!
XOXO
Gamecock Queen

No comments: