This is about as country as it gets and I can't believe I'm about to admit this, but I remember in high school when I was in FFA the BIG THING was to go to the state fair. A school bus would take all the FFA'ers to the state fair and it was the THE event of the year!! The bus left school very early, about 7 AM, so on that day I had to get up at 5 AM to feed the horses and do my ridiculous teenage amount of hair and makeup.
So to get back on track, the reason of this post is that I need some new clothes! Yes, a clothes horse like myself, in need of clothes, believe it or not! I think all of us, when the seasons change, have to get rid of some old stuff that maybe isn't in the best condition anymore, never really fit just right, or we're never going to wear again. I have had to clean out some old sweaters and winter clothes that didn't fit anymore or have stretched way out or were worn out. I am in desperate need of some new things! Part of my problem is that my old job, {where I worked for 3 years} was much more casual than where I am now. My church is super casual too so church clothes won't help me out any! My new office only allows jeans on casual Fridays, where as at my old job I wore jeans probably three days a week. I wore dark trouser jeans (usually Paige Jeans), not holey casual jeans, but still I wore jeans. I really have to invest in some new dress pants. I already have black dress pants (although I could stand to have a second pair) and I'm really wanting some grey or charcoal dress pants.

I don't seem to have any cardigans anymore either. I think my Mom stole one or two! And the others just wore out. A wears cardigans all the time and I think they are precious. So very Trophy Wife (wouldn't I love to be one!!). I'm thinking navy (to wear w/ grey pants) and a few other colors.


I'm also just dying to have some boots for fall. The last boots I had tore up long ago.

I'm going to hit up TJMaxx and Ross before I go to the mall. I've given myself a budget to stick to and it's important that I stick to it since I have a big trip (New Orleans) coming up next month. I'll let you know how successful I am!
Now I have to go get caught up on all of your blogs since I never seem to have time to blog anymore!
XOXO
Gamecock Queen
3 comments:
Hey...it seems like you've been gone forever! I would definitely check out TJ MAXX and Ross. I went to my local TJ last night and they had soo many nice things...boots, pumps, pea coats, dresses, etc. You should have no problems finding affordable and quality/trendy/work appropriate clothing there! You also check out Ann Taylor Loft & Banana Republic, because they always have sales. Good Luck!
yay i am glad you commented :) i love these picks. so precious! And i know all about a shopping budget :) boo on that! ha
Its totally the way I love to dress lately. I dont know if it is because I am growing into my more mature women lifestyle, or finding that this look really is a sexy look and I have been wrong all these years thinking the dress like the 'pussycat' dolls was sexy. LOL
Love this style.
Post a Comment