Thursday, September 1, 2011

Weekly Blogger

I seriously want to start blogging more. Right now is the busiest time of year for me at work so it just hasn't happened. I work for a college (the same college I attended-I LOVE it) so w/ students coming back my workload has been crazy. I'm a madwoman in the office trying to get stuff completed. I actually like these days because it seems like they fly by. Anyways I have been meaning to share this recipe on my blog for a while. I don't share recipes on my blog often, but I always promise that when I do they will be good!

My roommate Pogo and I made this w/ baked chicken (we kept it simple and made a Dijon honey mustard sauce to go on the chicken) and green beans and had both of our boyfriends over for dinner a few weeks ago.

This is a Trisha Yearwood recipe. I'm already thinking about Christmas and hoping I'll see another one of her cook books under the tree this year.

CROCKPOT MACARONI AND CHEESE

Serves 12.

8 ounces elbow macaroni, cooked
1 12-ounce can evaporated milk
1 1/2 cups whole milk
2 large eggs, beaten
1/4 cup (1/2 stick) butter, melted
1 teaspoon salt
Dash of pepper
2 10-ounce bricks sharp Cheddar cheese, grated (about 5 cups)
Dash of paprika

In a large 4-quart crockpot sprayed with cooking spray, mix the macaroni, milks, eggs, butter, salt, pepper and all but ½ cup of the grated cheese. Sprinkle the reserved cheese over the top of the mixture and then sprinkle with paprika. Cook on low heat for 3 hours and 15 minutes. Turn off the crockpot, stir the mixture, and serve hot.

If you don't have a crockpot, grease a 9x13x2-inch pan with butter, add the mixture, and bake at 350 degrees for 50 minutes.

The day we made dinner for our boyfriends we were both at work all day so I got up extra early and grated all the cheese, mixed all the ingredients, etc. and put them in the crockpot in the refrigerator. At lunch Pogo came home and turned the crockpot on low. It cooked for longer than the recipe instructs but it turned out fine. Don't you just love crock pots?

This weekend I'm beyond excited because I'm going to a wedding in Nashville. I've never been to Nashville before but I think I'm going to love it.

I'll post about Bristol soon!

XOXO
Fran

2 comments:

Magnolia Blues said...

Oh my goodness that sounds devine. I can't wait to try out this recipe. I love me some mac & cheese.

To answer your questions:

1.) No, we are childless and petless at the moment :( However, I put my foot down this year and demanded either a baby or a puppy to spoil. We'll see what I end up with.

2.) As to joining my blog; I'm going to have to research and get back to you. They updated the system again on blogger and ever since it's been acting strange. That's why I had to start another blog because I couldn't post pictures or comments anymore on my old one. I'll look into it and get back with you.

Magnolia Blues said...

Hey, by the way, how was your camping trip? Did you have fun? How did the makeup do?