Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Finally Fall

Last Friday I got up around 7 AM as usual to take my dog out and much to my surprise it was chilly for the first time in what seems like forever. I had to make a last minute wardrobe changes and I was only too glad to do so after months of 100 degree temps. Lucky for me I had been shopping the night before (found some MISSONI items while I was out) so I had new fall clothes to wear.

Aside from enjoying the nice cool fall weather for a change, I am miserable at work today! I have a headache and I'm feeling SUPER ADD. Yesterday I was dead tired all day (although I managed to make it to the gym after work and that made me feel better) and the day seemed to last eons. Today I'm not tired, I just can't focus very well. I thought I'd update the blog as a nice distraction :-).

I've thought and thought about what to be for Halloween this year. I mostly just really want to do a couples costume this year. I've never done a couples costume before (because I've never had a boyfriend this amazing before!).

My first idea was a convict and a judge. Then I thought better about trying to wear horizontal stripes.

I'm still trying to lose about 10 or 12 pounds so I'm not wearing anything with horizontal stripes.

My new idea (hopefully it won't change again tomorrow) is to be Little Red Riding Hood and have my boyfriend be the Big Bad Wolf.



I want to try to make his costume. I found some ideas on Martha Stewart *click here*. Obviously, I want mine to be for an adult and I plan on making some changes, but this is the general idea. I was thinking he could wear his own jeans, a plaid shirt, and then I would make him "wolf hands" from gardening gloves and use a baseball cap to make the wolf head. I would hot glue the ears, eyes, nose, and teeth to the hat similarly to how Martha has done with this hoodie.



My camera broke and I've been heavily hinting that I want a new one so hopefully I can blog more actual pics soon!! I definitely want one by Halloween. I hate that I've been posting so few pics and the ones I have posted have been cell phone pics :/.

I'm also SO in the mood for Halloween movies. Especially old favorites like Hocus Pocus. I think it's hilarious that SJP, who is forever linked to Carrie Bradshaw in my mind, is in this. I hope one day she shows it to her kids.



What are some of your favorite Halloween movies?

Happy Tuesday!
XOXO
Fran

1 comment:

Magnolia Blues said...

I agree, I'm totally ready for Halloween. I can't wait to start decorating for Fall. I'm waiting for the first week in October. I also can't wait for those cool crisp temps.

We like to watch fun stuff at Halloween. I like the Munsters, Beetlejuice, and Sleepy Hollow.

Cute costumes!