Of course, who am I kidding with a car payment, student loans, etc. I'm sure I'll be working until I'm old and gray.
Since the bf is out of town for work until December (it makes me so sad I don't like to talk about it :-() and I only see him on weekends, I've been having this guy over for dinner about once a week. Benson is the very first friend I made at college. I met him in my Theater Appreciation class. I took Theater Appreciation as an elective and it was one of the best classes I took the whole time I was at Carolina.
Me and Benson circa 2008. I am rocking crazy purple eyeshadow. Not sure why.
I found this recipe from Pinterest and it is super duper easy to make. I got all the groceries one evening after work and then just threw them together in the crock pot. I left it on until about 11 that night and put it in the refrigerator when I went to bed. The next day after work I just heated it back up in the crock pot and it was all ready for company. I served this over rice with broccoli on the side. As a side note, I like to use Chef Prudhomme's seasoning on veggies.
Crock Pot Hawaiian Chicken
Ingredients:
• 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
• salt to taste
• 1 (15 ounce) can pineapple slices, juice reserved
• 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
• 2 tablespoons lemon juice
• 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger **note, a little goes a long way**
• 1/4 cup cornstarch
Place chicken in slow cooker sprayed with non-stick spray and sprinkle with a little salt. Place pineapple slices over chicken. In a small bowl, combine pineapple juice, brown sugar, lemon juice, ginger and cornstarch and stir until combined. Pour over chicken. Cover and cook on low for 4 to 5 hours or high for 2 1/2 to 3 hours. Serve over rice.

I'm having a love affair with cock pots-why didn't I start using one years ago?
I didn't get a pic of mine, but it looked very similar to this.
Let's hope this Monday gets better!
Fran
2 comments:
Aww, Benson is a QT pie. You can just see that he has a sweet spirit about him.
Loving the Crock Pot recipe. I've been trying to use mine more this fall. I've been so busy that it's a great way to organize dinners around appointments/errands/work. Thanks for sharing.
I took Humanities through the Films back in college. Is that sort of the same thing? It was one of my favorite classes. I met one of my BFFs through that class.
Did you stop by Pier 1 over the weekend? They have so many cute things for the season right now.
crock pot cooking is the best (I only really discovered it a few years ago) and wish I'd caught on way sooner! this recipe sounds delish!
Post a Comment