We're going to a NASCAR race. I'll be honest, I'm NOT the biggest fan of NASCAR. I know, a shame for a girl from the South. It's just not my thing. After dating a race car driver I got a little tired out on it. I'm VERY excited about the company I'll be w/ though-my sweet honey!!
We will be camping and I have mixed emotions about that. I'm a little bit apprehensive about rouging it. OK more than just a little bit apprehensive to tell the truth. But I'm trying to roll w/ the punches! I went camping once, in 1999, with a friends youth group from church. I hated every second of it.
I'm hoping this time around will be a better experience. That was 12 years ago, after all. {Hard to believe it's been 12 year since I was a freshman in high school!}
I've already resigned myself to the idea that I'm going to have to wear my hair wavy. I usually straighten my hair, but I've come to terms w/ it, and some days I even LIKE having naturally wavy hair. I will NOT however, go without makeup. I feel like I can't since I have some acne scarring on my cheeks. I always wear foundation. Always. If I'm awake, I'm wearing makeup. Here's the big dilemma, how do you keep your makeup from melting on a camping trip?
I'm a pretty thrifty shopper, so most of my stuff is cheap-drug store brands. Some of my more expensive makeup is Benefit-I just love Benefit makeup (the Playstick does a great job of being a full coverage foundation). No matter where I got it from I don't want anything to melt-should I put it in a cooler? That's what I'm considering doing.
Hope everyone has a wonderful weekend!!
XOXO
Fran
3 comments:
I WILL BE THERE. I HAVE TICKETS FOR FRIDAY AND SATURDAY NIGHT! I LIVE ABOUT 30 MINUTES AWAY. HOPE YOU HAVE A GREAT TIME!!!
Amen Sista! Not a big camper fan over here. I don't like to get dirty. I also have to have big hair and wear lipstick. I even wear my lipstick when I work out. I prefer camping out at a B&B.
I totally L-O-V-E Benefit's primer. It's the best primer I've found and decent price.
The cooler sounds like a great idea. I think as long as you keep your cosmetic bag in a nice shady area you'll do alright. Just be sure not to store in the hot car.
Have fun!
Did I ever tell you that my father use to build Grand Prix Formula One cars for Ferrari? I've seen enough race cars to last a lifetime.
Post a Comment