Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Hip Hop Hump Day

This post has nothing to do w/ music, but for me, Wednesday will forever be known as "Hip Hop Hump Day". Any Gamecocks will know what I'm talking about. My college had (and still has, since I work here I'm tortured w/ seeing glimpses of all the fun I'm no longer having :p) a small festival/celebration of sorts every Wednesday around the center of campus where our main library and cafeteria were. Happy memories.

Moving right along. Lately I've been trying to renew my commitment to my body. I've been trying to increase my trips to the gym. And take more classes. Sometimes I get too lazy when I work out on my own and make it a light day. It seems like it's harder and harder to maintain the body I have (I'm currently at about 148) and it's downright impossible to lose any. I guess it's good that I haven't really gained any in about a year, but I'd still LOVE to be at about 140. Although I'm tall, I'm very petite and small boned so I feel like I look my best around 140. I DO NOT diet like I should. In fact, I got a very exciting email from my little roomie, Lil A, this AM informing me that we are having Taco Night at our casa tonight. SO, I guess that explains some of the not really losing weight. I have been trying to drink a lot more water though and I can really tell a difference in my skin.

Right now I'm LOVING Gisele's body. She's the same height that I am, but about 20 lbs thinner. I have some weddings coming up that I'm REALLY looking forward to, and I would LOVE to go looking a few pounds lighter! Add to that fact that some of my dresses I'd like to wear are sausage casing tight! Eek!!



Isn't she stunning?

Speaking of weddings, I'm going to a wedding for a couple that is not registered and I want to get them a really pretty personalized Christmas ornament. I LOVE all things Christmas and I really want to find a pretty ornament to gift them. Any ideas anyone?

XOXO
Gamecock Queen

1 comment:

Magnolia Blues said...

Only in my dreams would I ever look like that. My BFF has that body. I hate her (just kidding). I'm 5'4 and have hips, big boobs, and a butt. Everyone says I have a Joan Holloway body type (Christina Hendricks) from Mad Men. I even have red hair like her. My boobs are always in the way. I can't even wear those cute tennis dresses I'm drooling over. I'm cursed by my mother's side of the family.

I just started dieting again this week. This summer I put on a few pounds because I was too lazy to go out running in the heat. :(