I've spent way too much time on Pinterest lately and it's left me feeling disgusted with pretty much everything I own. Basically, I want our house to look like Southern Living mag, right now.
I've lived in a tiny house and a few apartments since I graduated college, so I really didn't need a lot of big stuff like much furniture. As I've mentioned before, I was financially drowning at my old job, so it wasn't like I really had any extra income for nice home furnishings.
I know the house is a work in progress and it's going to come together, it's just SO HARD to be patient!
Right now we have a completely empty {gorgeous} dining room that needs furntiure. Besides a mattress in the downstairs guest room, we have two empty guest rooms. We made the third bedroom into an office. It's a sports themed room-I just leave that alone! :)
I just want so much stuff for the house. That totally sounded like a terrible brat and I am very grateful for what I do have. I know needing better looking things for a new house is a good problem to have.
Not only is it a good problem to have, but I'm grateful that I have it as my problem right now.
I am thankful for the difference a few years can make.
Can I get an amen to that?
It just overwhelms me to think of how much we need to fill this house and make it pretty like I want it to be. I'm so proud of the house and want it to look nice when family and friends come over. Right now it just looks, well, empty.
Like I said, work in progress. And reminder to self to be patient!
Today after work I am having some people come over to get some things I'm clearing out-a wrought iron bed that's no longer really my style and some other furniture. At least getting stuff out is a step in the right direction and will give me a little extra spending $!
I should add these peeps are from Craiglist and my paranoid mind can't help but worry that one might be a homicidal maniac. Hopefully not!
A Southern Living interior. LOVE!
Hope everyone has a terrific weekend!!! My Mom is coming over to the house for the first time and bringing her Scottish Terrier, Holly, for a play date with Yadi. I'm making a casserole and cookies-both recipes I've never tried before, so I am pumped for that.

2 comments:
Um, did you and your bf move in together? When did I miss the memo that you two were this serious?! YAY!!!!!! So happy for you friend!
You REALLY need to turn off your word verification. I just did it, literally, 8 times because I got it wrong every dang time. I was about to give up when I got it right, haha!! So frustrating
Post a Comment