Something happened at work the other day and I told my boss, "It's like the Jimmy Buffett song says, 'If we couldn't laugh, we would all go insane'."
We started talking about Jimmy Buffett and I confessed that I used to HATE JB. I didn't "get" his songs and working in a tropical theme bar that featured karaoke two nights a week didn't help.
It wasn't until I worked in an office that I understood the concept "five o'clock somewhere" and I became a converted Parrothead.
Now that I've been to the Virgin Islands, and experienced the island time lifestyle, I think Jimmy Buffett is a genius.
{The Baths, British Virgin Gorda. Take me back right now, please and thank you.}
I realized that there are a lot of things that I didn't get or even like a few years ago that I love now-a sure sign I'm getting old. Just a few include:
Bleu Cheese. When I was a waitress I thought it was gross and smelly. Now I could eat it every day.
Bloody Marys. I used to think they were repulsive. Now it's my go to drink. I'm not a huge drinker because I don't want to spend my calories that way, but I do keep a bottle of Absolut and Zing Zing mix on hand at home. (A Bloody is only about 130 calories.)
This is a Bloody Mary I had at a place N and I went to called Gus's in North Liberty Iowa. Just look at all the garnishes. I love that a Bloody Mary does double duty as a drink and a snack.
I can't leave out going to bed early. Is there anything better than an early bed time so you can get your beauty rest?
Yay for Election Day! I'm getting off work early today to go vote, so I am looking forward to an easy day.
I can't leave out going to bed early. Is there anything better than an early bed time so you can get your beauty rest?
Yay for Election Day! I'm getting off work early today to go vote, so I am looking forward to an easy day.





No comments:
Post a Comment