It is just me or is anyone else stuggling with preparations for the holidays this year?
I know I am! This time last year I had a good start on my Christmas shopping. As of right now, I do not have the first gift purchased.
That is SO unlike me (I hate to be unprepared for anything), and I don't know what is up with that.
I'm also really overwhelmed with everything I have going on this right now (school, etc.) and traveling. We are going to visit my family in upstate South Carolina for Thanksgiving and to Iowa for Christmas.
{My final is Dec. 5-not too much longer! School is hugely stressful, so at least I can look forward to that wrapping up in the near future.}
I have to bring some furniture I no longer want to my Mom's Thursday, as well as both dogs, plus bring some dishes I'm making...it's starting to feel like I have a lot left to accomplish before Thursday gets here and it is just flat out overwhelming. I feel the same way about Christmas and going out of town for that as well.
I usually look forward to the holidays, but it seems like this year is going to be so busy that I feel like I'll barely get to enjoy being off work. I just wish things would slow down! To be perfectly honest, I am dreading the holidays a little bit and am ready for the new year to be here already.
Is anyone else in a holiday funk? Dreading the traveling and preparations?
I hope I am not just a grinch.
On a brighter note, this reindeer is precious!
I'm going to my first WW meeting tomorrow, so I will post on that soon :)


2 comments:
I will be honest with you I am totally not looking forward to Thanksgiving right now. Although I have a lot to be thankful for I am just not ready for it. I think a lot of my issue is I am still recovering from Sandy and that whole mess. I have the homeowners insurance adjust coming to my house tomorrow to asses the damage. Talk about timing.
Yes, yes, and yes. I'm totally in a holiday funk. I'm not in the mood at all this year. Just the thought of decorating a tree makes me exhausted.
Hubby has his last final on 12/12 and we are leaving town 2 days later. I wish we could put off Christmas a little longer but you just got to roll with it.
Post a Comment