Who else is glad this Monday is almost over? I am!
A few weeks (months?) ago my favorite yoga instructor at the Gold's Gym I go to, Brenda, began our class with a lesson on this quote:
I liked it and it stuck with me.
This weekend a friend told me that someone had said something about me that was so mean, it really dumbfounded me. Mostly I was dumbfounded and shocked because it's blatantly untrue. {Haters gonna hate!}
I don't want to ruminate or obsess over it, as obviously I can't control what someone thinks or says about me, but I wanted to share this quote in case any of you haven't seen it before.
I used to get really obsessive over stuff. You know, be a TOTAL girl. I did this in particular over an ex-boyfriend. I would make everyone -everyone- listen to me tell the same stories and ask the same questions repeatedly. "What do you think he meant by that?" or "Why would he say that?" I'm surprised I have any friends left after that!
I find that I feel better if I maybe vent to one person, but then make myself move on mentally, and do something instead of obsessing. Based my own experience, I think when someone analyzes and overanalyzes, it ends up making them feel worse.
That's just my two cents, but really if you find yourself in a habit of obsessing and retelling stories, try it and you might find you feel better :)
**In other news, my class is over this week and I.Cannot.Wait.!!!!!!!**


No comments:
Post a Comment