Thursday, January 5, 2012

Happy New Year!! (just a few days late)

Happy New Year Bloggies!! I'm only a few days late. I'll jump in with updating about NYE this year and I also have a sweet Christmas story to share.

For NYE this year I did something totally different from what I normally do and it was absolutely fantastic! Normally I go out and I'll be honest-that's gotten old (or maybe I'm getting old? lol). This year I participated in a pot luck with friends. We each made a dish (I made my crock pot macaroni and cheese *recipe here*) and Wassail (I'd never heard of it either, but will share the recipe soon, it's Apple Cider) and rang in the New Year in our pjs! This is all the girls. It was 4 couples and a blast.

Not sure why I'm posed in the "sorority squat" but whatevs!

For the sweet Christmas story-remember when I posted this vest? While I was out Black Friday shopping I found one very similar. I wanted to get it and they had one in my size, but I felt I should be buying for others and not for myself. I was shopping for family members and also for the toy drive we do at work. We do the toy drive every year and this year was our best ever. We got amazing toys, blankets (one sweet co-workers dear mother even hand crocheted two beautiful blankets for the shelter), and all sorts of things really. I went to deliver it all with a few of my co-workers before Christmas and it was a really wonderful feeling. I got amazing bargains on Black Friday and didn't give the vest a second thought. I was shopping with my boyfriend's sister on Black Friday, so she was with me when I saw the vest.

Fast forward a few weeks and my boyfriend and I opened a large box we got in the mail from his sister. She had several gifts for him and she included the vest for me!! I think that is seriously one of the sweetest things and I was SO surprised b/c I had totally forgotten all about the vest. I think that is the magic of Christmas!

I'm impossible to surprise and I think I actually screamed out loud when I saw the vest.

I'm wearing the vest tomorrow for casual Friday (along with the Michael Kors watch bf got me for Christmas) so I will try to remember to take an OOTD pic!

Happy New Year!



No comments: