Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Countdown to Moving!!

I'm in a super happy and excited mood today because:

1. The sun is out for the first time in dayyyys. It's been so gray and nasty here for about a week and the sun finally decided to come out of hiding. To my thinking if the weather is cloudy and gross it may as well have low temps bringing SNOW (one of my favorite things), otherwise I'm ready for spring weather after the holidays are over.

2. Friday is the day of my move! I'm looking forward to getting rid of "my old headache" and moving into a fancy new place. It will be so nice to live in a peaceful environment!!

That brings me to a question for you readers, what stuff do you get rid of? Clothes that you haven't worn in how long?

I'm using this move as an opportunity to revamp (example I'm sick of looking at my leopard print bathroom and am getting rid of all of that stuff in favor of neutrals). This pic is just an example of a neutral color scheme and I plan on posting actual pics once I get moved in.



I still have like every purse I've ever owned and last night I decided to donate all of my purses that I haven't used in a while and keep only the expensive ones (Coach, Prada). Not that I have a ton of expensive bags, but I've received several as gifts. I donated one Coach to a thrift store here in town b/c I haven't touched it in probably 4 years and I'm not going to carry it b/c it's from an ex-bf. It made me feel really good and I know it's going to make someone's day to find a Coach bag in a second hand store! I hope the purse has a happy new life w/ a new owner :).

Any tips on what stuff/clothes to get rid of and how to decide what goes or organizing a move would be greatly appreciated!

Okay, Later Gators!



1 comment:

Blair @ Reasonably Swanky said...

Hey hun! Sorry I am just now responding to your comment on my blog. I'm horrible, I know!
I am pursuing a degree in occupational therapy. I was so sick of working a boring desk job. With this career my hours will be more flexible and far from boring.
Hope you are doing well!