Friday, June 17, 2011

Random Friday Ramblings...

Fist of all, let me say thank you to Walgreens for having Father's Day cards for StepDads! The man my Mom was married to for seven years, my former StepDad, is very dear to my heart, but he didn't actually raise me so I don't want to give him a Daddy card. I found a StepDad card at Walgreens and I was excited about that! Maybe it just doesn't take much to get me excited.

I made my StepDad a little goody basket w/ stuff from the Dollar Tree and Walgreens for Father's Day. I got my GrandDaddy season one of Miami Vice on DVD for Father's Day. I'm WAY excited about that!! You know Miami Vice was the best!

I'm REALLY looking forward to watching MISS USA this Sunday at 9!! As a former pageant queen, I live for these things! {Although they remind me of what my swimsuit body used to be...Ugh}

After much consideration, I've decided my pick for this year is Miss Alabama, Madeline Mitchell. I decided this before I saw her clip on Good Morning America, but once I saw that I liked her even more. Google it if you don't know what I'm talking about...but be warned that I got choked up watching it!

I think she is GORGEOUS and seems very down to earth and genuinely nice.


I think competition this year is going to be FIERCE. I think it's a really tough group of girls. Lots of beautiful ladies makes judging difficult.

Last year my pick was Miss Mississippi, Breanne Ponder. And no, I don't ONLY like brunettes! I try to be VERY fair when I judge pageants. Isn't she SO pretty?


She made it to the top 10 last year and I was SO excited. I thought I'd picked the winner. Much to my disappointment, she got cut when they went to top 5. But you know pageants, you never know how they are going to turn out! That's all part of the excitement I suppose.

Anyone else have favorites for Miss USA this year?

Hope everyone has a fantastic Father's Day and weekend!!
XOXO
Gamecock Queen

3 comments:

Jenny said...

WOO HOO! Miss Alabama!! :) :)

I'm gonna watch. I'm such a sucker for watching pageants, still.

USCEmily said...

You do know that the Gamecocks will still be on TV playing baseball in the CWS at 9:00, right? ;-) just promise me you'll flip back and forth! ha

midnight macaroons said...

Oh my goodness! We'd be BFFs if we lived closer. I just went through the whole line up yesterday. My poor husband had to listen to me ramble on who made my good list and bad. I'm so excited about watching this year's pageant. I LOVED Breanne Ponder. I'm sort of rooting for Miss Louisiana Page Pennock this time around.