Tuesday, June 7, 2011

I'm a Sookie

Anyone remember those silly purses and t-shirts in S&TC's hey day that read "I'm a Carrie" or "I'm a Charlotte"? As if carrying one of those bags or wearing one of the t-shirts would be something you would really do if you were, in fact, as fabulous as any of the characters on the show?

Anyhow, I'm a Sookie. I was a waitress in a small town hole-in-the-wall local watering hole for many years. It's a little dive with lots of atmosphere and AMAZING food. I have a very different life now, but I still really miss my old job. MANY good times. Merlotte's reminds me so much of my old job.



You know how all the drama in the town of Bon Temps takes place in Merlottes? Same with my old job. If anything gossip-worthy happened, that's where it went down. So much of the conflict and turmoil that was a huge part of my relationship with my Mr. Big unfolded there. {At my place of work - geez, how professional LOL.}

Speaking of, I found an old roll of film from my waitress days (and I know it has some pics of me and my Mr. Big on it) and A and I tried to get it developed. We went to pick it up at Rite Aid and the total was $50!! $50? Does NO ONE get film developed anymore? It's really that expensive? I ended up taking my negatives back and leaving the film. It was just too ridiculous. CVS is going to be able to put them on CD for me for only about $6. Maybe I'll share a few of the pics on here for y'all.

I LOVE True Blood, and even more than the TV show, I LOVE the books. I've read all of them, including the most recent. I was looking forward to find out what Sookie would be into next and Dead Reckoning did not disappoint. Any other True Blood fans?



Team Eric or Team Bill? I think the actor that plays Eric is about the finest looking man I've ever seen, however I'm Team Bill. I'm so in love with his Old South manners. This comes across a lot more in the books than on the TV show.

I'm counting down until Season 4 starts. It's Sunday, June 26 at 9 pm. :-D

XOXO
Gamecock Queen

2 comments:

midnight macaroons said...

Hey Girl,
Sorry I've been MIA. It's been crazy around here. I hope to have my house in order soon to post pictures. How have you been? Totally miss chatting. I went to the Fairview Inn today for brunch. It was mentioned in the book, The Help. I posted pictures.

I can't believe it cost $50 to develop film!!! Holy cow!!! I came across a old roll. I thought about getting it developed but now after reading your post...not going to happen.

Have a beautiful week!

midnight macaroons said...

I felt the same way about The Help. I thought it was slow too. However, I'll probably see the movie considering that it was filmed in my backyard.

P.S. LOVE, LOVE, LOVE your new profile pic. You look fabulous!