Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Taco Dip Recipe!!

It's not often that I have a recipe to share on my blog, but when I do, I promise you it's a good one! I made this (no special occasion, just to be sweet! Haha) and brought it into work last week. It's super easy to make and it is SO delicious!

Taco Dip:

Ingredients
•1 (1 ounce) package taco seasoning mix
•1 (16 ounce) can refried beans (we buy Old El Paso)
•1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened (I skip to cut calories)
•1 (16 ounce) container sour cream
•1 (16 ounce) jar salsa (I buy store brand, MILD)
•1 large tomato, chopped (I add more)
•1 green bell pepper, chopped
•1 bunch chopped green onions (I skip the onions)
•1 (6 ounce) can sliced black olives, drained (we love the olives)
•2 cups shredded Cheddar cheese
Directions
1. In a medium bowl, blend the taco seasoning mix and refried beans. Spread the mixture onto a large serving platter.
2. Mix the sour cream and cream cheese in a medium bowl. Spread over the refried beans.
3. Top the layers with salsa. Place a layer of tomato, green bell pepper, green onions and over the salsa, and top with Cheddar cheese. Garnish with black olives (we put the olives under the cheese).

I even made a picture of the dip to share w/ you.

It all got gone when I brought it into work and let me tell you ladies, I was SO PROUD!

This weekend I'm going w/ my old beau to a rodeo on Friday night and a wedding at his parents home on Saturday. I'm very much looking forward to the rodeo as I haven't been to one in years. Probably not since high school. I'm also excited about the wedding. It's sure to be a good time. His parents have the most AMAZING house on a gorgeous farm. The wedding is outdoors in their backyard/pool area. I think it will be perfect for an early fall wedding.

I'm not really telling anyone I'm going, so you all are in on a secret LOL. Most of my friends and family would probably be disappointed to hear I was doing ANYTHING with him so I'm not going to volunteer that unless I'm asked. I'm going over and over what to wear. For the rodeo I want something like this:
To the wedding on Saturday I think I'm either going to wear the red dress I'm wearing here, or the black dress A is wearing (she's standing right beside me):

Which dress do you think? Or another one entirely? I'll probably bring a few to chose from.
XOXO
Gamecock Queen

2 comments:

Jenny said...

You look fabulous in red, so I'd go with that dress! :-)

OH MAN!! That taco Dip stuff, my roomie in college used to make for every party we threw. Dang I love that stuff! I haven't had it in forever!!!!

Jenny said...

THANK YOU THANK YOU for loving the wallpaper!! I knew when I posted it some people would be like...Wallpaper? OMG, and that would be too much for them. Most of my friends have no sense of fashion and/or decorating, not to be MEAN- it's just a fact- so sometimes when I try to explain,"Hey- this is what I'm doing for my guestroom, blah blah blah"- they're usually like, "HAHA Mmm Ok. I guess I'd have to see it finished." YEAH...I guess you would. haha irritates me sometimes.

So, yes. Thank you. After this morning and reading some people's comments I almost backed out and decided I'd go with something "safe." Whatever. I'm not a safe girl and I can't believe I even thought about changing my mind. :-)