First of all, after a miserably hot, stifling, long summer, I am beyond excited about FALL! I think I write every year on this blog how happy I get when the temperature drops. When I was a kid I HATED to see the end of summer, but since I've been grown I've come to love it! No battling the extreme heat anytime you need to go outdoors to do something (even just walk to your car), college football, Halloween (we are dressing up as KISS), pumpkins, the state fair (and fair food)...I could go on! I can hardly wait to put up my fall/Halloween decorations in my office at work. My Grandma gave me this candle from Yankee Candle and I'm saving it until the weather gets a little bit cooler.


Right now I'm reading the Sookie Stackhouse Southern Vampire Series by Charlaine Harris. I love these books! This is like Twilight for grownups. And even better to me because it is set in the south. The little bar/grill place where all the action and drama takes place reminds me so much of the place I worked for years as a waitress in my teens and early 20s. I've seen some of the TV series that is based off the books {True Blood} and I like it, but the books are way better. I'll probably get around to watching more True Blood eventually, but we don't have HBO so I have to watch it on DVD. As a side note, I've had two people tell me I look like Jessica on True Blood lately, only without the red hair. I don't really see the resemblance, but it's definitely a compliment, and I'll take it :-)


My newest thing is that all I want to drink now is Fiji bottled water. I don't drink enough water as it is, I prefer soda and so does my roommate A, so that's what we buy. I bought a bottle of Fiji the other day before my spinning class (I'm down about 2 pounds and feeling a little bit better about myself-more on that later) and it's so much better than regular old tap water or other brands of bottled water. I probably don't need to get more picky than I already am since I'm a picky eater (my ex-boyfriend was bothered by this to no end), but Fiji just tastes better. I've been drinking the liter size everyday at work, and believe it or not, have NOT gotten any headaches this week. I don't know if I was dehydrated before or if it's just coincidental, but I'm happy about that.

I'm super excited about more Gamecock football this weekend!
Tonight I'm going on a date with someone I met at the last football game :-)
XOXO
Gamecock Queen
1 comment:
I totally agree. Fall weather couldn't get here fast enough. It rained all week and now we have a hot and humid weekend ahead of us. BLAH!
We don't have HBO either but I did catch a True Blood episode while we were in New Orleans a few months ago. It was funky. I guess if I knew the characters and the plot I'd probably get into it more.
I have a pumpkin candle that I'm itching to burn but it's just not right when it's so hot outside. C'mon Fall!!! It feels like we've had hot weather for ages. I can't even remember when it was cool last. Love, love, love the KISS costume this year. You have to post pictures for me.
I'm so excited to hear about your date. I hope you have a really great time. Congrats on losing 2 lbs. I lost the 1.5 lbs so far. I had a burger, fries, and chocolate shake. I'm so mad at myself for falling off the wagon.
Also,Fiji water rocks!!!
Post a Comment